No Weight Loss...?

So I recently switched from trying to stay under 1000 calories (and binging a lot in the afternoon due to that :o ) to sticking to 1200 calories a day. I have not gone over that limit once, and I've been doing some cardio as well. The first week, I lost four pounds, but this week, I lost 0!!! what am I doing wrong? Please help!

Replies

• kellyjamespro2012
    kellyjamespro2012 Posts: 29 Member
    I feel your pain. It could be anything really. I have found that it has less to do with the total calories but more to do with what your eating.All calories are not created equal. When I realized that and temporarily suspended my cheat days I started losing again after about a six month plateau.
  • alejandragc
    alejandragc Posts: 17 Member
    Don´t worry about that, you know I am a girl and i have been working out for 4 months 5 days a week but i haven't seen much of weight loss, i am pretty much in the same weight than when i started, but you know what sometimes we are losing weight and at the same time gaining muscle so that's why that doesn't show on the scale! Start taking measures and pictures of your body that's better and you won't get frustrated.
  • So I recently switched from trying to stay under 1000 calories (and binging a lot in the afternoon due to that :o ) to sticking to 1200 calories a day. I have not gone over that limit once, and I've been doing some cardio as well. The first week, I lost four pounds, but this week, I lost 0!!! what am I doing wrong? Please help!

In order to calculate how many calories you should eat, you need a little bit of information first. What you don’t need is your height, weight, or age. What you do need is an understanding of how many calories you burn, and what you’re trying to accomplish. Are you trying to lose weight? How much do you want to lose? Maybe you’d like to gain weight. Set yourself a goal first, but set realistic, sustainable ones
  • If you've only been at this for 2 weeks, you really need to relax. Weight loss isn't an instant gratification journey. For the first MONTH of my weight loss program, my losses were negligible. Eventually, pounds started melting off - first quickly, and then gradually.

That said, if you're really concerned you're already stalling out, you need to reevaluate your numbers. I hate to say it, but there's always the chance you're underestimating your calorie intake or overestimating your calorie output.

It's amazing how many calories are in some foods. I just recently checked what an actual serving size of trail mix looked like. 150 calories for literally half a mouthful of peanuts, m&ms and raisins. No exaggeration. I couldn't believe how tiny the serving size was.

Anyway, I'd recommend you stick with what you're doing and give your body a break - the pounds won't always go down the way you like. Sometimes your weight will increase before dropping more. My weight loss graph is a series of dips and peaks.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    So, an average of 2 lbs per week. What's the problem?...
  • So, an average of 2 lbs per week. What's the problem?...

+1

Losing 2 lbs week sounds great to me