GAINING...why?!?

Options
So I have lowered my cals. to 1250..or something close to that...and i exercise daily and eat my exercise calories...

why am I gaining?

I eat healthy MOST of the time... (I go over my sugar everyday it seems like...and sometimes I give into bad choices..)

But Overrall I am very healthy compared to my friends

I do cardio everyday for 30-50 min. and strength train 3 times a week... I dont get it.. what am i doing wrong here?

Replies

• karenpeb
    karenpeb Posts: 23
    Options
    Could it be menstral cycle? I know I go up and down because of that.
  • ATXrunner
    ATXrunner Posts: 41
    Options
    Your food log looks good, but maybe you can amp up your workout and add some strength training?
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i do strength training and almost an hour of Cardio a day
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    can you be more specific?

gaining how much, how fast?

what is your goal (both weekly and total goals)?

post your numbers again please, I know you have before, but I don't have them.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Make sure you heart rate is in the fat burning zone not the cardio zone. I would do fat burning zone 3 days a week, the rest maybe could be i n he cardio zone.
  • karissastephens
    Options
    what is the fat burning zone? and I want to lose 5 pounds. Im 126 and want to be atleast 121.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    fat burning zone should be on the machines you do cardio on. Strength training can make you can weight as you are building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.
  • kat110
    kat110 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been gaining myself. I had my thyroid tested and you may want to research that option for yourself.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just went through your past week food diary. Some tweaking you might want to try.
    You do have a sweet tooth :wink:

- If you know your getting enough Fiber, replace that column with sodium. There might be a few surprises in some food that have alot of sodium. One example, I saw a couple lean cuisines, which have a lot of sodium.
    - Not sure if you eat the food as you have it allocated ie 4 meals. If you can, perhaps try to eat 5-6 meals.
    - Change your macro %'s . You carb is 50% and your protein is low. If your exercising quite often get more protein.
    - perhaps you need to eat more,

HTH, I'm sure others will chime in.
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am actually in this same situation. I weigh 126, want to weigh 122. Ive been doing 1200 a day and sticking very close to it, working out etc. Today I raised my cals to lose 1/2 lb a week.

I am interested to see what ppl have to say
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the smaller the deficit should be. Your body is definately not interested in giving up those last 5 pounds, so you have to be very certain it's getting enough fuel to feel comfortable doing so. I think one or more of Bank's stickies discusses this.
  • karissastephens
    Options
    Hello,
    I just went through your past week food diary. Some tweaking you might want to try.
    You do have a sweet tooth :wink:

- If you know your getting enough Fiber, replace that column with sodium. There might be a few surprises in some food that have alot of sodium. One example, I saw a couple lean cuisines, which have a lot of sodium.
    - Not sure if you eat the food as you have it allocated ie 4 meals. If you can, perhaps try to eat 5-6 meals.
    - Change your macro %'s . You carb is 50% and your protein is low. If your exercising quite often get more protein.
    - perhaps you need to eat more,

HTH, I'm sure others will chime in.

I do have a sweet tooth! Its horrible! Any suggestions on how to limit my sugar?! Im a college student so the lean cuisines are a must...I don't have time to cook. I just really need to drink more water.
  • karissastephens
    Options
    I am actually in this same situation. I weigh 126, want to weigh 122. Ive been doing 1200 a day and sticking very close to it, working out etc. Today I raised my cals to lose 1/2 lb a week.

I am interested to see what ppl have to say

and yes im the same! 126 lbs 5"7 and want to be 120 to 122lbs. But tone and lookin good and lean!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Raise your caloric intake. Stop paying attention to the scale. Get a professional to evaluate your body fat percentage.

See my post here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/85096-exercising-and-dieting-and-not-losing-weight
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You are in your healthy BMI - very close to the low end of it too. Are you sure you're not already at a good weight for your body? I would suggest forget the scale and get a body composition done to see your fat percentage. That way you can know from that rather than the scale.