When Do I Weigh Myself?

Options
Hey! Just a quick question. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and I'm going to try weighing myself every ten days and then logging it. I don't have any measuring tapes to measure my waist or anything, so I can't track that.

But when is the best time of the day to weigh myself? And I know that I can't expect a great difference right away, but how soon do most people see a difference in their tummy sizes? I haven't seen mine get any flatter. D:

Replies

• mirandamcdonald
    mirandamcdonald Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find if you weigh yourself in the morning, right before you jump in the shower, it's the lowest. You have just released all the excess fluid from your system. And you don't have to frig around and guess how much your clothes weigh. It's just easiest, in my opinion.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I agree. I always weigh myself in the morning before my shower and before I've had anything to eat or drink. I read that losing weight is "20% in the gym and 80% in the kitchen". That's why I'm on here. I work out a lot and I haven't seen much difference so I'm watching the foods that I eat. Maybe that's the reason?
  • Ribbons390
    Options
    Okie doke. Usually what I do is I wake up, do my work out, and then shower and go about my day.

Should I weigh myself before, or after my work out? :)
  • texasaswang
    texasaswang Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Either works, the trick is to do it the same every time. After you wake up and go to the loo for example. Consistency keeps it on an even keel.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Okie doke. Usually what I do is I wake up, do my work out, and then shower and go about my day.

Should I weigh myself before, or after my work out? :)

As soon as you wake up, do your bathroom business then weigh yourself. Don't go back to the scale in the middle of the day, you'll hate yourself for doing it, lol
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    After you go to the toilet right after you wake up.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just a quick question. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and I'm going to try weighing myself every ten days and then logging it. I don't have any measuring tapes to measure my waist or anything, so I can't track that.

But when is the best time of the day to weigh myself? And I know that I can't expect a great difference right away, but how soon do most people see a difference in their tummy sizes? I haven't seen mine get any flatter. D:

what about string, rope, etc.... wrap around you and mark for you waist then lay it out take a tape measure, ruler etc and measure that way.

As far as best time fro weighing, I find the morning after I go to the bathroom is the best
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

what about string, rope, etc.... wrap around you and mark for you waist then lay it out take a tape measure, ruler etc and measure that way.

As far as best time fro weighing, I find the morning after I go to the bathroom is the best

A measuring tape is just a couple dollars at the most - you might be able to find that much cash in the couch cushions. But yeah, if you can't swing that the string is a good idea.

I also agree - weigh in first thing in the AM.
  • Ribbons390
    Options

I could try something like that. I guess I never bothered with it because at the beginning I figured the 30 day shred was going to make a big difference really soon. The difference is most likely in the measurements right now, not in what I can actually see.
    A measuring tape is just a couple dollars at the most - you might be able to find that much cash in the couch cushions. But yeah, if you can't swing that the string is a good idea.

I also agree - weigh in first thing in the AM.

You do make a very good point. :) I bet I could even look for one at a local dollar store. Thanks.

That being said though, I'm already on day 10 of my shred, and I only just started counting my calories a few days ago, is it a bit late to measure myself?
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred for 5 days and I'm down an inch of my stomach already. I'm a bigger girl so i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I weigh when i wake up after I use the bathroom.