Water!

Options
Sticking to a diet daily is a battle for all of us, BUT each day I battle with the fact I don't like to drink water! I know drinking water is one of the keys to weight loss but I need to force myself daily to sit and drink glasses of water which sometimes take me up to 5 minutes!! I have tried leaving bottles of water in random places in the hope I just drink but even that hasn't worked. A friend told me to try and add diet cordials but i'm not sure if that will still be as effective? If anyone else has any other ideas to try and move past my H2O hurdle I would be forever grateful :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a Britia water jug in the fridge thats specifially mine and I make sure at least that is empty by the end of the day.

If I absolutely dont want plain ol water I squirt some MIO into it.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I take 3 24 oz water bottles with me to work... one with Mio in it, and the other 2 plain. By the time I get home, my goal is to have at least 2 of them empty, and the 3rd one at least half gone. I leave home at 6 am and get home by 230 or 3 pm. Then I usually have one more bottle by the end of the day.
  • CurvyJen384
    Options
    That used to be a really hard thing for me too- I was used to drinking only soda and sugary juice and plain water was just not for me.

Recently I've gotten into the crystal light packets. Of course they're not as good as plain water, but they're only 10 calories and I find that I can drink them all day long. They come in a lot of flavors. I've even starting drinking plain water too- I think once you start going in the right direction and drinking things close to water (like tea) you're able to like water a little more.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank god for Mio, I can't stand water either. I'm fine during meal times and taking my vitamins, but just for the sake of drinking water it's a chore. A quick shot of Mio and I'm good to go.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Drinking water is not a key part of weight loss. Eating less is a key part of weight loss. Water doesn't make you lose weight unless you're using it to fill yourself up so you eat less. There is no scientific data to back up all the hype about drinking a lot of water being good for weight management. Drink whatever your want in the amount you want.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Drinking water is not a key part of weight loss. Eating less is a key part of weight loss. Water doesn't make you lose weight unless you're using it to fill yourself up so you eat less. There is no scientific data to back up all the hype about drinking a lot of water being good for weight management. Drink whatever your want in the amount you want.

:highfive: I just drink as much as needed, which is plenty. It still seems like alot, but it's more than I used to
  • smw1023
    smw1023 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How about adding lemon, lime or oranges slices? Cucumber water is great too!
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    When I went from drinking maybe 32oz of water to 64oz, (and I'm now 80+), I started by adding some plain lemon slices, or lemon juice, just enough to make the water taste less like water (no sugar). Then I made a game of it. How many days in a row can I drink 40 oz before leaving work? Then before my afternoon meeting, then before lunch, etc. Then, once I was able to drink that 40 by lunch for five days in a row, I added the goal to have at least 8 ounces in the afternoon, then 16, etc. Somewhere in there I got a big 16 oz cup, which made it easier to track.

Once I hit the target of 64 ounces a day, I started decreasing the lemon. Now, I don't use the lemon.

Long story short, over a period of 2 months, I went from drinking 4 cups of water a day tops, to 10 or more without adding anything to it.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My daughter adds a herbal tea bag to her water bottle and drinks it cold. Not my cup of tea (pun intended) but it works for her.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    have you tried water boarding?
  • ReNewYou
    Options
    I just forced myself to drink nothing but water for the first few weeks I started this weight loss. It was very hard at first. I would not allow myself to have anything else. It has been almost 3 months now and I don't like the taste of anything else now. Soda has too much sugar for me know. I still drink coffee every morning but I am up to 10-14 cup of water a day. It is just something you have to tell yourself you need to do and then just do it!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I don't really care for plain water either. I drink it with my meals and thats really it. I pour a 16 oz glass and drink 1 with each meal. except breakfast thats coffee and i force down 8 o zof water. Just do the best you can! It is good for you and can raise your metabolism so your body will burn calories better. I also like crystal light try the Pure it doesn't have artifical sweeteners and no food coloring.