50 pound weight loss and 'fat brain'!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in December 2010 after having finally decided enough was enough. I am 5'9'', and weighed at the time around 191 pounds. I now weigh about 140-145 pounds (I literally fluctuate on a daily basis depending on how much water I drink). I went from wearing a size 14 jeans to now wearing a size 4. I wore a L-XL, and now generally wear a S or M. As a whole, I'm pretty happy, but two years in I still see the fat girl in the mirror, and I'm just terrified of loosening up the reins and gaining all that weight right back. Now that I'm considered 'normal' or even 'thin', I still see nothing but imperfections and weight I still need to lose. I don't have a fat face anymore, I've just got fat brain!

Replies

• betternowthanlater
    betternowthanlater Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I understand. How do you make that 'fat brain' go away. I don't know that it does.
  • lustingforfitness
    Options
    I feel the same way. :c I am 5'7" and am now down to 140 pounds and I still feel heavy on some days. I think that it will go away in time, it's just a process you need to work yourself through. xoxo
  • jenslife82
    Options
    Pictures sometimes help :) I had lost 30lbs and felt great for a little while. But then stopped losing for a few months and felt the same as I had 30 lbs ago. I did some side by side face shots and it helped a lot! Also a good support team helps. my doctor told me today I'm looking good, and he's proud of me! its the little things, ya know :) Think thin and you'll be thin. That's what a counselor told me as a teenager and if you can wrap your head around it, it works :)
  • crisipina
    crisipina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Finally words for what ive been feeling "FAT BRAIN" im glad i can relate to this.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya. Im 5'9 also and 148lbs and just now comfortably wearing a size 10. But I still see 50lbs ago. Hell, when someone asks me what size I need and I automatically reply XL, I get the "Are you kidding" look. Old habits are hard to break!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!