Getting chased by animals on your run....

Options
2»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    wow! I got chased by a deer once. No spiders though, thank god.

woah.. deer will chase you?
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you are making that up.
    Oh, wait, there are pictures.

LOL. This ^^^^^ :laugh:

Yeeeahhh, I would've made good time on the run home, too. :flowerforyou:
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    A bunny ran out in front of me last week, I screamed....it scared the **** out of me.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can deal with spiders. Snakes, on the other hand ... :frown: luckily all I have to deal with are fenced in barking dogs!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    A bunny ran out in front of me last week, I screamed....it scared the **** out of me.

I had 2 bunnies join me on a run in the spring. I felt like a Disney princess, minus the needing a man to save/marry me bit. :wink:
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I've had raccoons chase me, and I've accidentally startled deer more than once, but I'd rather be chased by a raccoon that that huge spider! Yikes!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    WW2.jpg
  • smboston
    Options
    I had a fox run in front of me one morning and stayed within a few feet of me for about a mile. I almost emptied my bladder when he darted out in front of me but it ended up being fantastic.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I live in Arkansas and I can't tell you how many of those things I see on the road on the way to my parents house. They live maybe 2-3 miles out of city limits. I don't mind spiders as long as they are the size of a quarter or SMALLER!! But even driving those things freak me out!!! We also have alot of scorpions around here. They are sand colored so they blend in with the ground really easily. But at least they aren't the deadly ones!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This thread should come with a warning.

*cries*
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been chased by a neighbors dog but never by anything like that spider...you're braver than I for stopping to take a picture lol
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've had Black bears run across the road infront of me..... Yeah .....watch me pedal Bear..............
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    Where the hell do all you people live LOLLLLL around here the most you will see are squirrels and cats LOL
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    whoa, whoa, whoa.

if i saw a spider of that size, i might pass out on a run.

in china, i'll just come across the random person walking their dog without a leash. the big dogs are not an issue... the small, mean, afraid-of-everything ones are. they'll chase me or snap at my ankles >.< it definitely pushes me to run faster, and a few incidents have worked in some plyo as well; if the dog barks suddenly, i'll literally jump two feet in the air!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I got chased by biting horse flies on my last 15 mile bike ride a few months ago. I made it through my ride in record time.

I bet you did. We got repeatedly attacked my one of those buggers when we were fishing one time. He kept at us until we finally killed him. Took whole bites out of our legs!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I got chased by biting horse flies on my last 15 mile bike ride a few months ago. I made it through my ride in record time.

I bet you did. We got repeatedly attacked my one of those buggers when we were fishing one time. He kept at us until we finally killed him. Took whole bites out of our legs!

They fly at least 10 mph. I was going about 15 with blood going down my legs from the *kitten*. They are evil spawns of satan.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    This thread should come with a warning.

*cries*

For serious. *kitten* THAT!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I live out in the country, we see them all the time, never ever would I get close enough to take a picture though! Luckily I have a gorgeous black lab that belongs to the neighbor that likes to run with me, she chases away anything and everything that might freak me out!