Torn Muscle

Options
So after 3 doctors and NO answer, I finally talked to My Aunt again today who is a Nurse Practitioner, and she's pretty sure that its what I've been thinking it is and that I've torn the muscle in my abs, underneath my ribs. It started in Dec, and has gotten worse, to the point that when I walk it makes me sick to my stomach with every step, and I have a pretty high tolerance. So me being me, sitting down and resting isn't gonna work, so I plan on just walking, and doing yoga(it's the only thing that makes me feel better), and riding my bike. The reason I'm writing this is that I was wondering if any one else has ever had this happen to them, how long did it take you to heal, and are there any excercises that helped you out?
Thanks,
Kitty

Replies

• kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So after 3 doctors and NO answer, I finally talked to My Aunt again today who is a Nurse Practitioner, and she's pretty sure that its what I've been thinking it is and that I've torn the muscle in my abs, underneath my ribs. It started in Dec, and has gotten worse, to the point that when I walk it makes me sick to my stomach with every step, and I have a pretty high tolerance. So me being me, sitting down and resting isn't gonna work, so I plan on just walking, and doing yoga(it's the only thing that makes me feel better), and riding my bike. The reason I'm writing this is that I was wondering if any one else has ever had this happen to them, how long did it take you to heal, and are there any excercises that helped you out?
    Thanks,
    Kitty
  • sruther
    sruther Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a doctor of chiropractic. It sounds to me like you could have a rib out of place. Is it painful to take in a deep breath? Is the pain worse on movement? I would recommend asking friends and family for a referral to a good doc in your area. Usually word of mouth is the best way to find a good practitioner. The best of luck to you. If you have any questions i would be glad to answer them for you.

Dr. Sarah
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nope, xrays show that everythings in place and the ribs fine. I've also been to the most wonderful chiropracter I've ever met, However aside from making my neck and hips feel great after an alignment, nothing for the real pain, actually just made it feel worse. The pain starts in the right side of my abs underneath the ribs and goes all the way around to the middle of my back and up. So that makes it 4 doctors not three. Doctors 3 and 4 also think that it might be nerve damage steming from an accident I had when I was a little kid......who knows....as long as I'm not dead, I'm doing great!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings! Hope you heal well and quickly!

I haven't had an abdominal injury but I have torn or stretched tendons and muscles in my shoulder and elbow...they usually take a long time to heal completely...I always worked around the pain best I could and was careful not to worsen the tears...my experience is that they take about six months to heal...with my elbow, it took longer than that to be able to completely straighten my arm.