Any Microwave Mug Recipes Out There?

Options
I've seen a couple posts here and there about things you can make in the microwave in a coffee mug, cakes etc.
I've only ever done eggs and they didn't come out too hot. Any amazing recipies that are easy and worth a try that take just a couple moments?

Replies

• fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    I've seen a couple posts here and there about things you can make in the microwave in a coffee mug, cakes etc.
    I've only ever done eggs and they didn't come out too hot. Any amazing recipies that are easy and worth a try that take just a couple moments?

good microwave scramble is easy
    2 eggs
    1 tablespoon of milk
    cheese

rub the bowl with butter or spread and give it 30 seconds. chop it up mix it then give it 10 second blasts just watch you dont over do it and if you have a yolk prick it or it will explode like with me :explode:
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cake in a cup
    1 angel food cake mix
    1 box cake mix of your choice
    Mix both together in zip lock bag.

3 tablespoons of mix
    2 tablespoons water
    1 minute in microwave
  • jessrapoza
    jessrapoza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.instructables.com/id/5-minute-Chocolate-Cake/

This is a pretty decent recipe, I usually substitute the sugar for a packet of splenda/equal and it's sweet enough for me. I don't always include the chocolate chips either. They are a yummy addition but personally the unsweetened cocoa powder and splenda/ work well enough, it has a very dark chocolatey taste. I also know people who substitute the cocoa powder and the sugar for a packet of hot chocolate.

Just make sure you mix everything well and time it accurately, or else it can be a bit dry. I tend to make it without the eggs and microwave it for less time so it's more like a brownie, but if you want it to be fluffier definitely don't omit the egg.
  • DebLee
    DebLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Lava cake

1/4 cup sugar free pillsbury chocolate cake mix
    2 tbsp water
    1 carton/cup Hunts sugar free chocolate pudding
    optional Reddi whip fat free whipped cream

spray cup with cooking spray.
    Mix cake mix and water. Make sure completely mixed.
    Stir in 1 scoop of pudding into cake mix.
    Microwave for 1 minute.
    Take out and mix up.
    Add remaining pudding cup.
    Microwave for 29-30 seconds.

Let cool about 2 minutes. Spray on just a little whipped cream.
    Perfect lava cake for cold nights.

Sometimes I stir in a tsp of peanut butter, or a little caramel, or mini semi sweet chips to change it up.