Update: Over a year on MFP and over 50lbs gone

Options
spammyanna
spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
I've lost over 50lbs here. I started at a size 14/16 and am currently wearing a 2/4. I went from no physical activity to running 3-4x per week and lifting weights 2x per week. I used to be a smoker, I used to eat fast food all the time. I used to be the laziest person on earth.

Here's me before:

179629_10150102242247612_4786980_n.jpg

Here is me at my 5k on Saturday (that I ran in 28:27)

554014_4472326922667_667623558_n.jpg

There are no tricks, no secrets. Just hard work. Sure I've had setbacks, but the important thing is to keep going.

Replies

• dorilou1969
    Options
    you look fabulous! congrats!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you are amazing!
  • theyrmysun
    theyrmysun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful and thin!
  • tree618
    tree618 Posts: 21
    Options
    Very cool! You look great!
  • lorettakay
    lorettakay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • spammyanna
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow, u look awesome!! Your before picture you look like you're in your late 30's early 40's, your after picture you look like you're in high school, (not just because of the cute hat and sweater, lol). It's amazing how weight loss can literally make someone look younger.
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! You look so fit, so much younger. And, I am glad that you added that remark over the hardwork it needs. Thank you!
  • spammyanna
    Options
    Oh wow, for the record I am 31, but thanks for the compliment! It's nice to think I look that much younger!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, well done!! We have/had the same starting weight and I hope that in time to come, I'll be able to report the same results as you! :D
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Very well done - congrats. You look wonderful!!
  • spammyanna
    Options
    Oh wow, well done!! We have/had the same starting weight and I hope that in time to come, I'll be able to report the same results as you! :D

You will! It just takes being consistent. You can do it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, you look MARVELOUS. It's official for me, you are NOW one of my Mfp sheroes! Yours is one of the most inspiring
    pics and stories I've ever read. WOW--go ahead on, with ya bad self! :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • teresa_c
    Options
    THANK YOU for the inspiration!! I so hope to be where you are :) GREAT JOB!!!!!!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hugely inspirational post - and I LOVE your outfit hehe!
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are my hero. Congratulations you're amazing!!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration for sure! I love your message that you just gotta keep going! It's really what it all comes down to, isn't it?!

Love love love your adorable outfit! Waldo by chance?

Thanks so much for posting!!!
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing!!!
  • spammyanna
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration for sure! I love your message that you just gotta keep going! It's really what it all comes down to, isn't it?!

Love love love your adorable outfit! Waldo by chance?

Thanks so much for posting!!!

Yep! It was a Halloween 5km race. Had to dress up!
  • DeeNelly
    DeeNelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Love these kind of awesome & inspiring stories! You are living well for sure now! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!