How long between eating and running?

Options
bjdw1
bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
I'm about to cook a steak, how long should I wait after eating before going for a jog?

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Until it's mostly digested. You can google that sort of thing. If you exercise too soon you'll just throw it up.
    Waste of good steak? There are lots of suggestions for foods to eat before exercise. Steak is an 'after' food.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Eh. Everyone is different. It also depends on what it is you eat and what kind of running you do. Simple carbs can be eaten and you can run almost immediately afterwards. Dairy... not so much. But then again, it's personal preference. I usually wait at least half an hour, and that's for easy runs. Long runs, I just go. Intervals, I really don't want anything in my system for up to two hours before hand...
    ya.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Usually a couple hours after a small meal. If you still feel full, try walking for 15-20 minutes beforehand to "test the waters" so to speak.

It also depends on your intensity and duration as well. In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend eating anything that sits with you, such as steak, before a run.