Good morning new fitness pals!

Options
sigsci
sigsci Posts: 1 Member
I am new to MFP and am loving the site. I have always been a healthy eater but having MFP do all the calculating for you makes a world of difference. Though I was eating healthy I was going WAY over on everything. Now I find I'm very quickly exceeding my protein and fiber intake for the day. Any suggestions for how to change that? The other question I have is how much will your goals be compromised if you go over your daily intake for fitness and protein? Not by much, mind you, but over just the same.

Thanks for listening :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cmgoff
    cmgoff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too have been going over for the day. My hope is that by seeing the intake on paper it will help me rationally cut certain foods out and make better choices.
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    I just joined almost 3 weeks ago and also love that they do all the figuring. Before joining I had gone to a nutritionist trying to figure what I was doing wrong. She couldn't find anything looking at my food diarys and gave me guidelines to follow too which are very similar. The only suggestion she gave me was to spread the carbs evenly throughout the day. You only burn so many at a time and the rest turn to sugar/fat. But, you need them so not to cut them out. The number of calories, carbs and sodium on this site are about the same as what I was told, but the fiber is low. I was told at least 25 -35 a day was recommended. If you're not used to eating much fiber , work your way up to it. I was not given a number for protein, but have been told by her and when I was at weight watchers that it's good to include a bit of protein along with a fruit or veg. at every meal or snack to help keep you full longer. SO as long as you are eating a well balanced diet, getting in the guidelines of at least 2 milks a day, at least 5 fruits and veggies, and some healthy oils/fat and know you are making healthy choices, I personally wouldn't worry too much if you numbers are a bit over for the protein. Mine seem to go over for protein and fiber on most days too.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    If you go over, fiber and protien are good places to do it vs sugars and fats!