40 years old, 100+ lbs to lose, Loving MFP already!

Options
I am 40. I weigh over 300lbs. Today is my first day on here (well that I have actually used it). I have tried every diet out there. I have lost and gained the same 15 lbs 100 times. I am ready - I am. I am excited to be here!

Replies

• JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    MFP is awesome enjoy your stay! Feel free to add me !
  • tree618
    tree618 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks, I will add you! I appreciate it!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am 49 I have been on here 100+ days and I log in everyday. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • Krissi921
    Krissi921 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am also 40 and have lost 40 pounds so far - about another 40 or so to go. You will love it here, I've tried everything and this is the site that saved me! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Daily logger here. Feel free to add me. MFP is amazing. Reading Sucess Stories on the message boards is most inspiring. :)
  • sgreen328
    Options
    Feel free to add me. In January of 2010 I weight 375 pounds, I'm down to 258 and have also been looking for MFP pals :smile:
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This site is fabulous. My life sounds like yours. Feel free to add me. I'll be here for some time to come.
  • koosh007
    Options
    Fairly new here myself! Feel free to add me and good luck :smile:
  • maytubbs
    maytubbs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well good luck and if you want you can add me as a friend. Maybe we can encourage one another! I am in my 40's.... well at the higher end but still there! LOL
  • maytubbs
    maytubbs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey sgreen ..feel free to add me to your friends as well..I think the more support people have the more successful they may be!!
  • Bubbaluv72
    Bubbaluv72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You will succeed...and you will see that the sacrifice is worth it. I'm 40 and I've been using myfitnesspal for over 50 days now and I have lost almost 50 lbs!!!! I eat what I want...i just use better judgement...and I exercise daily!!! Welcome!!!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Daily logger, age 35. 116 days here!

Ive lost 32 pounds since June 28th and im <-> this close to "One"Derland!!!

My highest weight was 246 but i started MFP at 233.

I had a total of *about* 75 pounds to lose, but i cant say for sure, as i wont put a number for my goal weight. I refuse to let a number on the scale define me. I will know where i get there!

Feel free to add me, but I dont have much of a "filter" lol.. Read my profile!!

:drinker:
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for several years. I have many friends on here who have lost over 100 pounds. You are here now and you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm also 40 and am 80 pounds from my goal weight but have lost 150 pounds over the last 4+ years. So my total weight loss will be 230 pounds so I know how you feel, it wasn't that long ago that I was just starting. I have only been on MFP for about a week and the people here are wonderful, very supportive!!!

Feel free to add me : )))
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    40 Years Fabulous over here! Almost 100 down and 100 more to go!! I am a MFP addict and log in daily. lol

My favorite part of MFP is the support I get from friends. Anyone who want to travel on this journey with me is welcome to come along! Just add away!
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! You are in good company. :flowerforyou: Add me if you would like some encouragement along the journey to weight loss and healthy habits :smile:
  • BelAug2010
    BelAug2010 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just started today too. I have 150lbs to lose. And have tried everything. Please add me too. Look forward to hearing about all your success.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to mfp. My name is Kimberlee, 49. I weighed over 300 lbs. when I started losing a yr. ago. Feel free to add me.
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey...almost 42 here and 100+ I want gone as well...finding the friends here keeps me motivated
  • xeanx
    xeanx Posts: 69
    Options
    You can do it just keep with it. MFP does help a lot.