Tummy Tuck Q

Options
I have a few questions regarding tummy tucks.

I am thinking of getting a tummy tuck because after I had my 9 lbs baby a little over a year ago he left me with loose skin on my tummy. I still have about 10 lbs of baby weight to lose until I am 130 lbs again. I know that I can't get rid of the excess skin without surgery and that really bums me out.
I am just curious about how much a TT costs, if I can afford one or not, and if any of you have had one I would like to know how your experience and transformation went.
I am 21 years old so I do feel a bit young to be considering a TT, but this excess skin is really making me depressed and is affecting all aspects of my life.
Thanks for reading.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/deuces211/mememmeme/?action=view&current=DSC06830.jpg#!oZZ6QQcurrentZZhttp://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/deuces211/mememmeme/?action=view&current=DSC06829.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/deuces211/mememmeme/?action=view&current=DSC06830.jpg#!oZZ8QQcurrentZZhttp://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/deuces211/mememmeme/?action=view&current=DSC06831.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/deuces211/mememmeme/?action=view&current=DSC06824.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/deuces211/mememmeme/?action=view&current=DSC06825.jpg

I don't know how to add pictures into topics so I am sorry for that. I just want to give you all an idea of how my tummy looks like. I know my skin will appear more loose as I lose more weight, but I hope it can pick itself up.

Replies

• sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i've had two 9lbers 18 months apart...im 24 I'd kill for your stomach an i'm at my pre-baby weight
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    i've had two 9lbers 18 months apart...im 24 I'd kill for your stomach an i'm at my pre-baby weight

Thanks. I would just kill to have a TT and be able to have my pre tummy back.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You are 21 years old, are you done having children? if not then it would be pretty pointless getting a tummy tuck.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting one when I am done having children. The cost will obviously vary depending on your area and what exactly you need done, but for my area anywhere from $5,000-$7,500 seems to be the normal range (the $7500 being more extensive repair and/or lipo).

And I totally understand why you want one. My DS was 10 lbs 11 oz and my tummy skin literally can be pulled away four inches with no bounce back. It is so depressing, especially considering the fact that I am 25 :(
    If this is something you would really like to do, I would schedule a consult with a surgeon to give you a better idea of the cost and recovery time.
  • frogz21
    Options
    You are 21 years old, are you done having children? if not then it would be pretty pointless getting a tummy tuck.

Yes I am done having children. There have been women who have gotten pregnant and had their babies after having a TT done and they bounced back, but there's always that risk of not being so lucky.
  • frogz21
    Options
    I plan on getting one when I am done having children. The cost will obviously vary depending on your area and what exactly you need done, but for my area anywhere from $5,000-$7,500 seems to be the normal range (the $7500 being more extensive repair and/or lipo).

And I totally understand why you want one. My DS was 10 lbs 11 oz and my tummy skin literally can be pulled away four inches with no bounce back. It is so depressing, especially considering the fact that I am 25 :(
    If this is something you would really like to do, I would schedule a consult with a surgeon to give you a better idea of the cost and recovery time.

Would I have to pay for a consultation? I think I would qualify for a mini tuck. I don't have A LOT of excess skin. I plan on losing the rest of this weight and then some and then I will just maintain my weight for a little while and then go get the TT done.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    In my area it's $7800 without an overnight stay.
  • frogz21
    Options
    In my area it's $7800 without an overnight stay.

Where are you from? I live in UT. I hope it's not that much here..
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    just wait--spend a good amount of time at your goal weight with good exercise/diet and you can turn it around. it takes time, but especially at your age you can totally do it. there are lots of women that i have seen that have turned it around. i've never seen a tummy tuck that has every looked as great as hard work does.
  • frogz21
    Options
    just wait--spend a good amount of time at your goal weight with good exercise/diet and you can turn it around. it takes time, but especially at your age you can totally do it. there are lots of women that i have seen that have turned it around. i've never seen a tummy tuck that has every looked as great as hard work does.

That is my goal. I plan to get as fit as I possibly can and if my loose skin doesn't pick itself up then I will consider a tuck,
  • michspor
    Options

That is my goal. I plan to get as fit as I possibly can and if my loose skin doesn't pick itself up then I will consider a tuck,

Hello,
    I am getting a tummy tuck on Nov 7th. I know how it feels to be fit, get pregnant, and then be left with a hanging pouch. I hate it, I have worked out hard with no change on my tummy. I know everyones different, but from my perspective it was not going to tighten up no matter what I did. So I had a consult and they are cutting me hip to hip. The reason is they will not be able to pull all the skin down and sew it into a smaller cut. I thought I would qualify for a mini too. Consults usually do cost about $50 but you may be able to get a free one. Best thing to do is see a plastic surgeon. Good Luck
  • frogz21
    Options

Hello,
    I am getting a tummy tuck on Nov 7th. I know how it feels to be fit, get pregnant, and then be left with a hanging pouch. I hate it, I have worked out hard with no change on my tummy. I know everyones different, but from my perspective it was not going to tighten up no matter what I did. So I had a consult and they are cutting me hip to hip. The reason is they will not be able to pull all the skin down and sew it into a smaller cut. I thought I would qualify for a mini too. Consults usually do cost about $50 but you may be able to get a free one. Best thing to do is see a plastic surgeon. Good Luck

Are you going to do a tummy tuck post on your results?
  • michspor
    Options
    I may show results... kind of embarassed really! But I may get the courage if I have amazing results!