P90X vs Jillian Michaels

Hi everybody.

I'm a JM fan, have all of her DVDs, and rotate them out 5 days a week for fitness. I do one hour.

Today my coworker loaned me his P90X set, which I am going to try tonight to shake things up as an alternative. I've heard these workouts are pretty insane.

I'm already in great shape, but should I be scared, nonetheless?

Just wondering what everybody's thoughts are who have done both...

Tina

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    If you're already in shape, I really don't think you're going to have an issue with P90X. I'm very overweight, granted I'm 40 lbs down, and I use P90X and I don't die from them.. lol I think they're a great workout, but they're underwhelming compared to the hype that is put on them. They're difficult for me because I am not in shape, but I think you'll do just fine with them!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    P90X is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is far from impossible. Some workouts are more difficult than others (Plyometrics...OMG, couldn't sit without wincing for 2 days), but I felt they went at a decent pace where you don't feel like you're struggling to keep up. Insanity is the one that truly lives up to its name. I barely get through the WARM UP without gasping. I'd say if you can do Jillian (I have done 30DS, Ripped in 30, and Last Chance Workout) you'll have little to no problem with P90X.
  • Hey Everyone!

P90X is my favorite program by far! I Absolutely love plyos! For some reason I like torturing myself with that dvd!

Ive completed the 90 days a couple of times. Ive never done any JM programs. But p90x can be intimidating. Modify when necessary. Dont be ashamed to take a break.

Im actually starting a p90x challenge group, hopefully on the 1st of Nov. If you are a fan of the program after trying it out, maybe you would be interested in joining? Im in hopes of adding about 10 or so people. Would love to have you aboard.
    Either way, let me know!

-Tony
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    I love Jilluan Michaels body revolution.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    I finished p90x on Saturday, first round, and I got great results. I started my weight loss with Jillian but I wasn't getting the muscle tone I wanted with her workouts so I decided to try Tony. I would not have been able to complete p90x if I hadn't done Jillian first, and changed my attitude toward working out thanks to her influence. It is definitely a worthwhile program, and if you can do Jillian you can handle it, just modify in the beginning if need be. I just posted my results, if you are interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/783244-p90x-results-body-recomposition-success-pics
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    They kick my butt every time. I depends which workout you do, because some are harder than others, but they're all pretty intense. I don't know how people do the full 90 days. I'm too sore after 2 or 3 to push myself into another day or two. I always have to take stupid-long breaks in between workouts to recoop.
  • Hello,
    I am new to this site and can not wait to get back in shape again! I did P90X before to get rid of 40 lbs of baby weight after doing only 60 days of it last year. I just started it for the second time tonight and can not wait to see those results again. It can definitely be difficult at first but after the first week or 2 I love it and its results. Best of luck to everyone :)