It only took 2 months...

Options
Hey there everyone. I have been dutifully logging in my food and exercise here for a little over 2 months. I have been truly excited for everyone who has posted their successes on the boards, despite the fact that I wasn't really seeing much in the way of my own scale moving.

But, after reading others' posts, I know that since I'm only going for about 10-15 pounds, everyone says that takes a while. I figured, I'd just go the slow and steady route and hope for the best. Well...it has finally happened. It appears that I have actually lost 3 pounds over the course of the past 2 months! I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm really excited that I can finally see some progress.

Replies

• maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone. I have been dutifully logging in my food and exercise here for a little over 2 months. I have been truly excited for everyone who has posted their successes on the boards, despite the fact that I wasn't really seeing much in the way of my own scale moving.

But, after reading others' posts, I know that since I'm only going for about 10-15 pounds, everyone says that takes a while. I figured, I'd just go the slow and steady route and hope for the best. Well...it has finally happened. It appears that I have actually lost 3 pounds over the course of the past 2 months! I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm really excited that I can finally see some progress.
  • ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options
    That is awesome! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but in the long run, if you lose that weight as slow as you have been, it will be really hard to gain it back. The only time I ever got my last 10 lbs off was by doing hard core Atkins and running 5 miles a day. Congrats to you for doing it a healthier way!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    That is awesome! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but in the long run, if you lose that weight as slow as you have been, it will be really hard to gain it back. The only time I ever got my last 10 lbs off was by doing hard core Atkins and running 5 miles a day. Congrats to you for doing it a healthier way!
    . :flowerforyou: Ditto !!! That is awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If it took 2 months to lose 3 pounds - I hate to sound crass, because I'm proud of you - can I ask what your routine was?

Were you -750-1000 calories a day? 500? 250?

Yo-yo?

I only have 14 to lose (total) so I'm wondering if I'm in for the same thing.

Just curious!

:flowerforyou:
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes, please tell us! Did you have a smaller calorie deficit or a larger one?
    A lot of circuit training or weights? Just curious.
    Congrats. I can't wait to post a success story! You're helping us all stay on track and keep hope! Thank you!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    :happy: KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! I heard that the smaller you are when you start, the slower it comes off! :grumble: I'm a BIG GIRL, and I thought that being a bit larger would mean I'd lose it faster, but guess what...muscle outweighs fat, so if you're working out it may seem that the weight isn't coming off! :sick: But, hey, loss is loss!! And you're 1/5 of the way to your goal!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You have every right to be excited. Keep up the good work and that weight will continue to come off. :flowerforyou:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow...thanks for all the props! I am currently at a 500 calorie deficit, but adjusted my intake to 1628 net, rather than whatever the automatic MFP was (1550?) because I had my resting metabolic rate tested, so I know that I burn 1628 at rest.

As for exercise...I usually go to martial arts/kickboxing about 3-4 times a week, and burn anywhere between 350-750 calories, depending on the class. It's mostly cardio, but there can be resistance training, push ups, crunches, etc, at times.

My metabolism and blood sugar is such that I really need to eat between 5-6 times per day, just to act like a human being (and not a nasty b*tch!). So, I end up eating all and often going over my calories a bit, but I figure...that is what I need to function, so that's how it has to be.

I am thinking of playing around with my deficit, maybe just doing a 250, to see what happens. I also borrowed some pilates videos from a friend, and am going to try out the abs one...since that is where my flab seems to be concentrated. The word on the street seems to be that cardio and toning are the key to that area. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    my weight is also coming off very slowly. ive been doing everything to a tee! The only thing that I havent done is test my resting heart rate so that i know my daily rate.

i do have an hrm but havent had a single day to test myself in rest. Perhaps that is slowing me down? Ive been on here for 2 months and have lost about 7 lbs..i guess i need to focus on toning a little more also.
  • sharono2018
    sharono2018 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think it is fantastic. It sounds like you are definitely on the right path
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think it is fantastic. It sounds like you are definitely on the right path

I'd hope she still is, she posted this 10 years ago ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!