Sob-vember. Yeah, it's gonna be a thing.

Options
Who's with me on turning November into Sob-vember?! For one month, challenge yourself to not drink alcohol and see how much better you look and feel. Whether you drink frequently, binge on the weekends consistently (MEEEE) or just feel like giving yourself a challenge, join us :D Officially starting this Thursday, November 1st so I'm forming a posse of really great motivators who all share this common interest in hopes that we can all support each other to get through it. I honestly cannot recall the last time I went even a week without booze, so this should get interesting.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9369-we-re-turning-november-to-sob-vember

Replies

• logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Count me in, weight loss has slowed lately and im convinced its because too much vino!
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Count me in, weight loss has slowed lately and im convinced its because too much vino!

Me too. Except my vino is vino. And beer. And liquor. And gosh, probably all forms of booze :[ OOOPS!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Who's with me on turning November into Sob-vember?! For one month, challenge yourself to not drink alcohol and see how much better you look and feel. Whether you drink frequently, binge on the weekends consistently (MEEEE) or just feel like giving yourself a challenge, join us :D Officially starting this Thursday, November 1st so I'm forming a posse of really great motivators who all share this common interest in hopes that we can all support each other to get through it. I honestly cannot recall the last time I went even a week without booze, so this should get interesting.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9369-we-re-turning-november-to-sob-vember

Its gonna be a thing? Not for me it ain;t lol.

Fairplay, and best of luck with that,
  • logdunne
    Options
    Developed a beer allergy early this year- did wonders for weight loss! Just need to develop a cider wine and whisky allergy too and I'll be fine!
  • missmacsays
    Options
    Developed a beer allergy early this year- did wonders for weight loss! Just need to develop a cider wine and whisky allergy too and I'll be fine!

Is that a gluten allergy then? Wow, I kinda wish I'd get that. Lol.
  • missmacsays
    Options

Its gonna be a thing? Not for me it ain;t lol.

Fairplay, and best of luck with that,

To each their own :]
  • MonicaW1988
    MonicaW1988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I have been sober for 2 weeks (only had 2 drinks on my Birthday this month) and I've already noticed a difference with myself - not eating as much greasy food as I would if I did drink on Saturday Nights.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My husband was being sweet last night and got us some cheese and poured some wine. I told him "I got TWO more days" LOL
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Yeeeah no. I need alcohol to deal with my disappointing life. :laugh:
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm opting out of this one. I feel this challenge is more for people who do drink. I've never been much of a drinker, and definitely not while pregnant. But I wish all of you the best of luck that do decide to take this challenge on!

Here's a shameless bump!
  • logdunne
    Options

Is that a gluten allergy then? Wow, I kinda wish I'd get that. Lol.

Nope, dont have a problem with anything else, but for weeks i was getting really bad hangovers on a few pints (i used to be able to neck 8 and get up without even a headache in the morning), then tried just having 1 pint, again, felt really sick, then shandy- which is sacreledge to say the least- but sure enough, made me sick!

Did work wonders for the old beer belly, vanished without a trace!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i havent drank in about a month or two...i will be getting super duper wasted in vegas this week. good luck guys :flowerforyou:
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will absolutely do this with you. I drink just as much as you do (maybe even more). I've gained about 70 lbs over the past five years and I am 100% sure it's due to my drinking (and the bad eating that usually accompanies it).

Sobvember, it is!
  • missmacsays
    Options
    I will absolutely do this with you. I drink just as much as you do (maybe even more). I've gained about 70 lbs over the past five years and I am 100% sure it's due to my drinking (and the bad eating that usually accompanies it).

Sobvember, it is!

Join in our group!

• missmacsays
    Options
    i havent drank in about a month or two...i will be getting super duper wasted in vegas this week. good luck guys :flowerforyou:

Thank you! If I was going to Vegas, I'd not be doing this either lol!