what about these

Options
Motivate yourself to keep going :

1. Focus constantly on what exercise can give you. This is a key principle for Weight Loss Motivation. If you don't really want the results you will get, you will never keep up your routine. Continually confirm to yourself your decision to get fit, slim and healthy.

2. Look at how you feel about exercise

* Before
* During
* After
What do you say to yourself at these times? If you had a personal trainer to support you what would they be saying to you? How would you then view it differently? Be your own coach and help yourself get going.

3. Just resolve to do a little. Constantly tell yourself that you are doing well while exercising, knowing that you can stop at any minute. Don't distort how hard it is in your mind. People often exaggerate the effort, the discomfort of exerting themselves. Feel the pleasure of pushing yourself a little. Some discomfort is part of really beneficial exercise. Acknowledge those sensations as momentary.

4. Focus on the things you like about exercise rather than the discomfort - the good feeling you have about yourself once you've done your session, the feeling of being out in the fresh air, the camaraderie of the girls in your class, the great music etc.

5. Focus on the good you're doing to yourself, not how unfit you feel.

6. Say to yourself "I'm getting stronger, slimmer and fitter every second I keep going". You are doing yourself some good every time you exercise. Don't worry about visible results. Congratulate yourself every time you take any exercise at all.

7. Don't compare yourself to others. There will always be people slimmer or fitter than you. Make the focus of your weight loss motivation your own personal best.

8. Resolve to reserve the time for exercise. What is more important than your health? Watching TV? Cleaning? Overtime at work? I don't think so. What priority are you giving your well-being. Remember that if you are fit, well and happy with yourself this will benefit others too. Every child deserves a happy parent, every boss would rather have a fit employee.

9. Adopt a positive attitude towards exercise. Decide to look forward to each session and to get the maximum benefit out of it.

10. Chart your progress. You'll see how each week you're able to do a little more.

11. Find an exercise that you feel comfortable with. Enlist the support of a friend as your fitness buddy. If you're not sure you can do anything, just start by walking short distances every day and then gradually add speed and time to your workout.

12. Look for fun ways to fitness - try dancing, ice skating, skiing, hill walking. Find your own pleasurable activities. Fitness does not have to mean the gym.

found this on ....... www.weight-loss-motivation-program.com

Replies

• lisatownsend
    Options
    Motivate yourself to keep going :

1. Focus constantly on what exercise can give you. This is a key principle for Weight Loss Motivation. If you don't really want the results you will get, you will never keep up your routine. Continually confirm to yourself your decision to get fit, slim and healthy.

2. Look at how you feel about exercise

* Before
    * During
    * After
    What do you say to yourself at these times? If you had a personal trainer to support you what would they be saying to you? How would you then view it differently? Be your own coach and help yourself get going.

3. Just resolve to do a little. Constantly tell yourself that you are doing well while exercising, knowing that you can stop at any minute. Don't distort how hard it is in your mind. People often exaggerate the effort, the discomfort of exerting themselves. Feel the pleasure of pushing yourself a little. Some discomfort is part of really beneficial exercise. Acknowledge those sensations as momentary.

4. Focus on the things you like about exercise rather than the discomfort - the good feeling you have about yourself once you've done your session, the feeling of being out in the fresh air, the camaraderie of the girls in your class, the great music etc.

5. Focus on the good you're doing to yourself, not how unfit you feel.

6. Say to yourself "I'm getting stronger, slimmer and fitter every second I keep going". You are doing yourself some good every time you exercise. Don't worry about visible results. Congratulate yourself every time you take any exercise at all.

7. Don't compare yourself to others. There will always be people slimmer or fitter than you. Make the focus of your weight loss motivation your own personal best.

8. Resolve to reserve the time for exercise. What is more important than your health? Watching TV? Cleaning? Overtime at work? I don't think so. What priority are you giving your well-being. Remember that if you are fit, well and happy with yourself this will benefit others too. Every child deserves a happy parent, every boss would rather have a fit employee.

9. Adopt a positive attitude towards exercise. Decide to look forward to each session and to get the maximum benefit out of it.

10. Chart your progress. You'll see how each week you're able to do a little more.

11. Find an exercise that you feel comfortable with. Enlist the support of a friend as your fitness buddy. If you're not sure you can do anything, just start by walking short distances every day and then gradually add speed and time to your workout.

12. Look for fun ways to fitness - try dancing, ice skating, skiing, hill walking. Find your own pleasurable activities. Fitness does not have to mean the gym.

found this on ....... www.weight-loss-motivation-program.com
  • dandersson2
    dandersson2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently took a boot camp class with my sister-in-law, it was the best thing I could have done to jump start my exercise routine.

The instructor and my peers made me push myself harder than I thought I could . It proved to me that exercise could be fun. I was motivated by my peers and seeing the progress each made.

My energy level and attitude have improved greatly... not only do I enjoy life more, so does everyone around me. The best part of all is the bond my sister-in-law and I fostered during the last 6 weeks. We are now motivating each other to keep up the routine and meet our personal goals.

In a nutshell joining a group was the best motivator for me. I am sad it ended, but I gained a great work out partner who will continue to motivate me to keep pushing forward.