Its me

Options
Hi all

I have been trying to use my fitness pal to loose weight now for about 5 months but I keep loosing motivation.

Let me tell you a little about myself.

I am 28 years old married with three children Im currently sitting at 142 kg and want to get to 95kg.

I realise that the journey to loose this weight will be hard however I genuinely believe im addicted to junk food I simply cant resist it.

anyway im determined to make a positive change to my lifestyle and Im doing this for myself as well as my family.

wish me luck

Replies

• judiblue22
    judiblue22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck. You know for rest results you must exercise. The nice thing about this site is that it adds it right back on to your total calories for the day!:happy
  • AngelDacosta01
    Options
    Thanks. In the past I've been fit and happy however over the past couple of years I've let myself go. Although still fit, gone up in size too much. 40yrs old with 2 kids. definately doing this for me.
  • gkershner
    Options
    Wishing you luck. What are your junk food choices? If it is salty ones, I find that popcorn, Special K cracker chips or making my own 100 calorie bags of pretzels helps me. Sugary ones - well, for me, I either have to have just one serving available or I am done for, so I try to not have them around and just have something occasionally when I am out and then split that with someone if possible.
  • lulu241
    Options
    Hello, i must admit i like the odd bit of junk food myself. Have you ever tried making your own healthy versions? Im making fish finger sarnies tonight with mushy peas, its out of the new Jamie 15 minute meals book. Theres also some goood fakeaway recipes in the Hairy Bikers diet cookbook. im not saying go out and start buying all these books but you can get the recipes on the internet. They taste loads better than getting them from a takeaway and you can control the calories you are eating. Hope that helps :smile:
  • PortiaZabrina
    PortiaZabrina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Goodluck with your weight loss journey! Always remember if you want it bad enough, it'll happen. :)
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck because I have been where you are. I was 143.6 kgs at my heaviest. Im a married mum andI have 3 kids and I did love junk food...but ow Ive lernt to love good food and still have he occaional treat. Im now at 112.4kgs and I can see the double digits
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to mfp, my name is Kimberlee,49. I know how you feel about losing motivation. I suggest making changes slowly. Changes that you can live with. I would get the junk food out of the house, so you are not tempted to eat it. Also, drink plenty of water instead of high calorie drinks. It takes a while to adjust to the changes, but it does get easier. Feel free to add me for motivation and encouragement.