Going from long to short hair?

Options
cm1458
cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
I've almost always had long hair, but I want a change. I'd like to try a short, fun cut, , but I'd like some opinions first :)

This is my hair now
Halloweencostume017.jpg
MeandtheBees019-003.jpg

This is the cut I'd like to get
shorthair1.jpg

I think Yes? :)

Replies

• anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Go for it! That'd be super fun! You have a great face shape, I think it would work! :)
  • SuzieQ430
    SuzieQ430 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! I have short hair like this and I LOVE it! It is so easy to care for.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    donate your hair.....for those who have cancer.....go for it.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love it. I've just had mine cut from long (approx to my waist) to a short pixie crop, and I love it. Sorry I didn't do it sooner.

:happy:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'd take that picture in and show a stylist.

That model has a heart shaped face, and yours is more square.

Also, I had long hair.. like down to my boobs long, and then I decided to chop it off.. and I wound up hating it. So be sure that is really what you want before you chop!
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    usually hate short hair, but THIS is gorgeous, and will look lovely on u!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I say....YES!! That is such a cute, spunky cut!! Short hair is fun and easy to keep............and you can always let it grow again!! GO FOR IT!! :smile:
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    go for it. Its always fun to try something different.
  • AwesomeOne66
    Options
    I'm a pixie cut girl myself, have been for years, just remember you have to have very short hair cut every 3-4 weeks to maintain...it's awesome though, I love my hair!!!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I can't say it's not pretty... but let me say something:::

My hair was once almost reaching under my bum.... I had the brilliant idea to cut them over the shoulders (At that time the shortest I had was in the middle of the back).... yeah.. I liked it... until I wanted my long hair back... since then (15 years ago) I am unable to get them grow to the middle of my back! Either I get bored, or they get annoying.
    Bottom line. Think about it. seriously.
    STILL! I like the short one, it's cute!
    If I had to cut mine a gain (they are now a lil under my shoulders) it would be like Winona Ryder's in "Reality Bites"... love that haircut!
  • Life_is_For_Living
    Options
    I just quickly uploaded your photo and the new hairstyle onto http://makeovr.com/hairmixer/ and it really suits you. Sorry not sure how to save the photo and upload onto here but give it a try yourself.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My opinion .. hair grows back! Cut it, play with it, colour it - enjoy it! :)
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I am donating it, thats what made me decide to cut it! I've been thinking about it for 2 months and Im excited to try something fun and new. I am slightly worried about my square face shape clashing in all the wrong ways with this cut. I'm going to talk to my stylist about it today or sometime this week :)
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I think you have a great shaped face for it....Cut is really cute, too. May have to adjust it a little depending on how you hair lays and how thick, wavy, etc, it will be, but you could certainly get a look close to if not the same as that. Great idea donating it.:)
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    LOL I"ve always had short hair, but have grown mine to 13', shooting for 20 before I cut and sell it.....hoping I can sell it anyways. I find it easier to deal with long hair sometimes b/c all I have to do is put it up and forget it....lots of styles. A plus for short hair is that you can style it quickly, and won't spend 20/30 minuties washing, conditioning, detangling, drying and styling (braiding ect) you hair.
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have had long hair all my life and a couple of times got daring and cut it off.you'll either love it and never go back or hate it. I felt like a part of me was missing. But it is only hair and you can always grow it back. I think you have beautiful hair and the color is gorgeous!!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    No freaking way..your long hair is so beautiful!
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    It is just HAIR. I have mine really short, and LOVE it. Do it. If you don't have a hair attachment issue, you should have no problem. Some love long hair, mine always bugged me. I would end up putting it up all of the time to get it out of my face, and what is the point of that?! I wish I had done it far sooner.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I also say go for it. It's just hair, it will grow back if you hate it. I get a bug every few years and cut my hair short and donate it. Thinking about it again, but want to wait until after Halloween :) Unfortunately my face it too chubby to pull off that super short pixy (which I hope to do one day, because I've always wanted to try that cut), but I think it would look super cute on you.
  • UKChloeT
    Options
    I would ask your hairdresser to cut your hair to a chin length bob first. If that feels a bit scary then stop, get use to the shorter hair and then go for the pixie cut next time. Going from long hair to such a short crop will be quite a shock.