5'9 girls

Options

Replies

• Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My goal is to like what I see in the mirror and to feel strong and capable :).

Last time I was really fit I was 165 and a size 12. I have really powerful legs, and they're "thick" (my waist band gaped). I still thought I was fat, and probably could have lost another 15 lbs healthfully, but I've also had children since then. We'll see.

I have the same problem! Skinny jeans and knee high boots are my nemesis because of my thighs/calves. Straight jeans on me look like what skinny jeans look like on other people.

Just an aside - I too have large calves, but finally found knee high boots that fit, and they are comfortable. Aerosoles makes some of their boots with an extra zipper that you can zip down to make extra room for your calves. I now have 4 different pairs, and all the girls in my office have one of the same pairs because they look so good. At Kohl's, they go under the A2 brand but are the same thing.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Well considering I have "child-birthing hips", I will be ecstatic if I can get to 200 lbs. I can't remember the last time I weighed 200. I am big boned and would actually just be happy getting out of plus size clothing! Not sure exactly how much I'd weigh in order to do that, but I am just taking it one day at a time! Good luck to all of you....we can do this!!
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 136. I have been as low as 132 as an adult and as high as 200+ when pregnant, but I look and feel my best in the 130s. I don't look sick or unhealthy.
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I hope to be in the 155ish zone. I am not sure what size pant that is but I am currently at 186 and btwn 10/12. I think any smaller than a 6 would be gross on me.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you started this thread. My original goal was 149 but now that I know my LBM I'm going for 145. I always feel like my goal weight is huge, I see 110, 130.. and it makes me feel like an ape. But then I remind myself these girls are 5'1".

Oh.. currently 151, size 6/7.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5'8" (hope you'll accept a shortie)

sw 217
    cw 187
    gw 170

I haven't been under 175lb for 20 years so I have no idea what 170 will look like. I assume it will be FANTASTIC :) ... and we'll decide from there if need to go lower. I don't care what size I wear, it's only a number from someone I don't know, sewn on in a factory far, far away.

Currently wearing size 16 (canada) but they're baggy
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm just short of 5'9 (about 5'8.5). At the moment I'm aiming for 145, but I'll see how I feel when i hit around 155
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 174 and I'm currently 198.4. I don't have a size but I have gone from a 1x pants (elastic waist) to a 16 and an 18 (button/zipper) which I haven't ware in about 20 yrs. and a 3x-4x to an xl-2x top. I feel like a million bucks right now but, not done yet.
  • Angie_PDX
    Angie_PDX Posts: 8
    Options
    Yay for this topic!

I'm 5' 9.1/2" and working towards a healthy mid to lower 160s as suggested by my doctor. I've got about 30 lbs to lose but I'm ready to make it happen. I currently wear a size 16 jean (damn pudge) and about a size 14 top. I'm so looking forward to feeling comfortable in my skin again.

Would love to add some friends in my height range :)
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 30 years old and I am an hourglass/pear with a small/medium frame. I have the body shape of an hour glass (shoulders and hips are the same) but I have a small bust with my bigger hips which isn't common to hourglasses so I tend to say I'm a pear to stop confusion lol.

I started off on MFP at 96.9kg (213lbs) my current weight is 73.5kg (162lbs) and I am aiming for a tentative goal weight of 70kg (154lbs). I say tentative because I'm not sure where I will actually end up weight wise in the end.

I was never fat as a child and was slim until I got married 8 years ago, my lowest weight I was 58kg (127lbs) at 17 years old and I looked like I never ate even though I did quite often, then from the ages of 18 - 22 I bounced between 62 - 65 kg (136 - 143lbs). I was a size 8/10 (aus) at my smallest and then I went up to a size 12/14 (aus). At my highest weight I was a size 16/18 (aus).

My body has changed a lot, I am wearing clothes in aus sizes 10/12 and some smaller 14's and I'm heavier than I was the last time I was fitting into clothes the same size so there's been a lot of changes in my body composition. I'm just going to keep exercising and eating well and eventually I guess my body will settle on a weight that it likes. I know I need to lower my body fat some more so then I will have a little more definition but for the time being I'm just aiming to lose a little more cm so I can fit into a size 10/12 pants instead of hovering between 3 sizes because it is a pain finding clothes that fit properly lol.
  • banks89202
    Options
    5"9
    SW 284lbs
    CW 258lbs
    GW 180lbs

If I was 125 I would look like a crack head lol
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150 in the end but Ill settle for 160...pant size 7.

As of right now though Ill settle for 170
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    5"9
    SW 284lbs
    CW 258lbs
    GW 180lbs

If I was 125 I would look like a crack head lol

I used to be 120 lbs in a size 0 to3 and everyone said I looked sick.
  • EmilyBirdie
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and currently 147lbs. My goal is 130, which puts me at a size 3 in US sizes.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft9

Started at 210
    currently 172
    Aiming for 168- which is the top end of the 'healthy' bmi range
    But i will probably keep going until i am happy- working on building muscle too :-)

I have a large frame (VERY!) according to the wrist test- as evidenced by my fairly broad shoulders :-)
  • kage5678
    kage5678 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight is between 68-72kg, (about 150-158), when I was 72 I was an aus 12 but I still felt big. I got down to 68 and people started to tell me I was looking too thin and my size 12 Levi's were getting loose. My goal is a aus size 12/medium and to look FIT :)
  • tishka11
    Options
    When does it get too far though? I once knew a girl who was 5'9 and was 103 pounds and i think she still wasnt happy. I think its important to have a goal weight and be happy when you achieve it and feel fulfilled and confident in that. Otherwise you can run the risk of an ever-decreasing goal weight which just takes you into dangerous territory.
    Goal weights should be personal and where you feel confident in yourself

Just adopt the philosophy ive always lived by - "I dont have to look at me"
  • clioratha
    clioratha Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5'9 here, and my goal weight is 175 (25%bfp). Ideally maybe slightly lower (22%bfp), and I would love to get back into size 10s (I'm in 14s now). Being in my 40s, I'm not sure 18%bfp is a wise goal. Besides, I think my husband would prefer me to still actually have boobs when I'm done! :laugh:

My lowest weight at my height was 115 (20 years ago), and I would certainly not recommend it! I was so focused on my wide hips and thick thighs at the time, not realizing that being at 12%bfp was not a good thing.
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'8.5 :)
    CW: 168
    GW: about 150... but I think like most of us, we have to see when we get there if we want to trim a little more or we're good!
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 - Goal weight is around 135-140,k depending on how I look and feel. Right now I'm at 148.

Size - depends! Around 6?