Almost 50 and starting Insanity, info please

Options
I am almost 50 and decided to try Insanity. I'm NOT trying to look like the ladies on the infocommerical (may I buy those genes???) but want to get stronger, leaner and improve my health. My goals are: Lose 15 pounds and lose 5-8% body fat. Strength is subjective but I would love to be able to knock out 20 pushups without screaming in pain. A huge bonus would be to actually do two chin ups and 2 pull ups.

If you are near my age and have done the Insanity program, did you accomplish your goal? Any problems that I should watch out for? Do you need a lot of room to do the workouts? Any advice for an Insanity novice?

Thanks!!

Replies

• no1dragn
    no1dragn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just bumping in hopes that someone can help. Thanks!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You don't need much space, I have a 1.8x1m mat that I rarely come off while doing it. Not much advice to give other than brace yourself for the strong possibility that you will feel like you're about to die. Fear not, you won't actually die. Probably. I've just finished week 1 and I'm not dead yet, but I'm not discounting it as a possibility.
  • JMNealer
    JMNealer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your plan. I have not tried the program and my only advice would be - Don't do too much and end up injured and frustrated.
  • no1dragn
    no1dragn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I start tomorrow with the fit test.