Really struggling to get back in the game

Options
I was doing so well and then a trip last week out of state for business started me on a downward slide. I have been really having a hard time getting back on track. I am going to try really hard today to track my food and get some exercise in. I need to put the brakes on the scales upward climb. During every weight loss attempt I would always do well as long as my schedule and routines stayed in place. Get me out of that and all hell brakes loose. How do I stop the insanity, really need some motivation and support.

Dianne

Replies

• Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I’m in the same boat, so I’m going to see what others have to say. Let’s hope that are super inspiration for the both of us.
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you are pressing on the brakes right now.....knowing you have to get back to logging food and exercise. dianne, i have quit thinking of mfp as a diet......people ask me what kind of diet i am on and i tell them i eat what i want but i log every bite and make hourly or daily adjustments......please do not give up.....you are doing great.....put the past week behind you.....you can only control what's ahead. we are pulling for you and you can do it.
  • tewmom
    tewmom Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks Joann, I am pressing those brakes hard for sure, I know if I can have a healthy day today it will be the kick in the pants that I need.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of bad days, not planning what I am going to eat for the day and then eating whatever is closest when I'm hungry. I'm also finding it hard to get back to but I am determined and with all my supportive friends on here I know I can do it! Don't give up, log your bad days as well as your good.
    Look at how much weight you have lost so far, you are going great! Keep going, you can do it, don't let a bad patch get you down, you can get back into it any day :)
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I originally had gone over halfway to my goal when I started my journey. I was trying to maintain because I hit a tremendous plateau and then life happened, a ton of things were going on at once and I was responsible for taking care of a family because the mother had cancer again. After everything was said and done I slowly put back on half of what I had lost. It becomes a slippery slope before you know it. I woke up one morning and decided that no matter what is going on in my life, I have to put myself and my health first before I can take care of others. I get up and make it happen every day. Some days I am super motivated, other days I literally have to kick myself in the butt to workout and eat right.

Just keep going. Easier said than done, but push through the stagnant times. Remind yourself many times daily why you are doing this for yourself and let that be your motivation. I want to be healthier for myself, my husband, my job, my future children, my family, and more. That's what keeps me going. I refuse to let myself lose control and slip back again. :)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to stay on track if you don't have a consistant routine. But, on your trips, you can make healthier food choices such as salad and grilled meat. Having friends on here to talk with really helps. You post your concerns, rants and raves and you'll get plenty of feed-back which really help encourage and motivate you. I believe that you can make the healthy lifestyle change. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you are pressing on the brakes right now.....knowing you have to get back to logging food and exercise. dianne, i have quit thinking of mfp as a diet......people ask me what kind of diet i am on and i tell them i eat what i want but i log every bite and make hourly or daily adjustments......please do not give up.....you are doing great.....put the past week behind you.....you can only control what's ahead. we are pulling for you and you can do it.

Well Said!
  • tewmom
    Options
    Thanks Kimberlee for the support. I am traveling again to Vegas for a conference in 2 weeks, need to plan better and not look at it as an opportunity to just eat healthy, not indulge in every little thing I see.
  • tewmom
    Options
    Thanks Pink for the support, sounds like you had a lot to deal with. I hope your Mom is doing well.
  • BettyAnn120
    BettyAnn120 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up ! I am 56 year old female, and it is a fact that we do have to pay a little more attention, eat a little less, move a little more to not blow up like a balloon ! Just get back on track. One thing that seems to be helping me is the "2 bite rule." If you are out and about, of course you still have to make sensible choices ( portion control ! Sauces/Dressings on the side! No bread bowl !) But for the absolutely scrumptious cannot pass up items, go ahead, but 2 BITES ONLY ! Not mouth stuffing gotta gobble down, but regular, chew and savor bites. Ignore the Mom-Voice in your head that says "clean your plate, there are starving cvhildren in the world." Unfortunately, there will always be someone starving someplace, you packing on the pounds because of endless clean plates is not going to change that. You can do this you deserve to help your body be the best it can be, for you and no one else.ang in there, and good luck !
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think everyone goes through something like this. It will take some extra effort to log your food intake and do some exercise. Make it a point to do both today, and then tomorrow...within a couple of days you will get back in the routine. When I travel for work, I always pack workout clothes and make sure to hit the treadmill or elliptical in the hotel fitness room every day that I am there. If there is no fitness room, i either go outside for a run (with my gps in tow so I don't get lost) or find a gym close to the hotel that I can go to (most gyms will let you use the facility as a guest for a minimal charge). By doing this, and logging calories on my iphone I don't get out of the habbit when I'm traveling for work.
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    i'm the same, when my routine is disrupted it's hard to stay on track. generally just portion control if i can't decide what i eat, or healthier options in a restaurant for example.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was there just a couple weeks ago - I went on a business trip for a week and when I came back ended up derailing for three weeks. I see a trainer three times a week and I ended up talking to him about how I was having such a hard time getting back into it. He just kind of looked at me and said, "Well...just -do- it." like it was the easiest thing in the world. It clearly made no sense to him that I wasn't doing what I knew I needed to do, and then everything clicked again and suddenly it was.

So - just do it. :) You know what you need to do.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I traveled for work for about 15 years and at first I was like, "Steak every night!" I blew up like a balloon. Remember, this is not a diet. It's a life style.
  • joyand4
    Options
    You can do it!! Keep up the courage :0)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I have been exercising (sort of) and not eating great (but staying under my caloric intake). I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. Just remember that today is a new day. Remember, this is a learning experience and a life style change.

Feel free to add me as a friend :)

-Morgan
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling since the summer vacations that I took. I am getting better at it. But, still struggling with the eating part. I am trying to better this week. But, I am not getting the exercise in so far like I usually do.
    I feel your pain.