Weigh in blues - update

Options
So last week I was bummed about not having any significant weight loss my first week on the site - it was right around a half pound. I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement and for letting me know I wasn't the ONLY one who didn't lose 5+ pounds the first week out. I changed my routine up a little, (I had been working out pretty hardcore before I started this site but needed some help w/nutrition & calorie tracking) so I decided to do a bit of a recovery week and lessen the intensity of my workouts. More walking (and longer distances) but less running/plyometrics. Still weight training but lighter weights and more reps (although it takes for ever to do so many reps with the light weights!) and eating a little less since I didn't get as many workout calories back =(

Well - it worked!! I was down about 2.5 pounds this week and a few inches here or there. Thanks again to everyone that supported me and kept me going this past week and hopefully anyone else who didn't see big results the first week will stick with it at least another week or 2 - I guess sometimes your body just has to catch up to your mind

Replies

• Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    wtg!!!
  • AprilKill
    AprilKill Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good Job, that that i worked out for you...I have been working out twice a day, in the mornings and afternoons, last week and the scale goes down by .02 every morning, but I think I am wearing myself out, for that .02 pds...