Wish me luck

Options
Today we are having a food day at work. Tons and tons of things that I shouldn't eat. Only a week into my journey and my willpower is already being tested to the extreme.

Replies

• ramonapearce
    ramonapearce Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ugh, you must work where I do! Always something laying around to nosh on. So a while back when I was doing Optifast I made a rule for myself... If I didn't bring it, then I can't eat it. Oh it was hard, believe me, but once I got thru a few days of that, it really worked. I wouldn't walk in the area where the food was. I told myself that the food was made in unsanitary conditions or who knows where this food came from....anything that would discourage me from making a bee line towards the food. I still try to use that mental game even though I'm back to square one on my diet. Hope that helps!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I started with 100 pounds to lose, too. I've had many days where I've gone over my calorie goals. Pre-log your meals today plus pre-log your GUESS as to what will be at the party. Don't sample everything. Choose high protein foods. And at the end of the day, if you go over your caloric goal, move on. Consistency is key. Patience is so important. Once I accepted this is going to take me a long time, things got much more manageable and I enjoy all the parties that I'm invited too. You can do it!