Dr. Oz's Smoothie

Options
I was curious to know if anyone has seen the Womens Day article with Dr. Oz's Fat Blasting Smoothie recipe and if anyone has tried it

Replies

• spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    would you be able to put up the recipie so that those of us who haven't seen the article can know whats in it please?
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    no but I would like to try it..do you have the recipe..I make a protein shake the recipe came from P90X it's awesome..I drink it after a hard core workout or on nights I'm not real hungry...If you have the recipe please share.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I Googled the smoothie and found the following on 3 fat chicks on a diet web site. Don't know if this is it or not but thought I'd post it for you. If you try it let us know if it's as bad as the poster suggests.

Hi,

Did anyone try/see Dr. Oz's smoothie recipe posted in Womans World Magazine dated March 8th? I love Dr. Oz, and had to get it to see what it was. LOL Well I bought all of the ingredients and let me say, it doesn't taste great, but I plan on drinking it everyday. Anyone else try it or thinking about it? I honestly do not drink it thinking it will blast my belly fat, I know everything in it is good and it keeps me full. Just wish the taste was a little better. LOL

Here is the recipe:

In blender whip:

1 cup of juice (any variety)
    1/2 banana or 3/4 berries (I added both)
    2 tbs whey powder (I use 1 scoop)
    2 tbs ground flaxseed
    1 tbs ground psyllium husk
    1 tbs chia seeds (I use ground)
    1 tbs wheat germ
    600 mg fish oil (from supplement caspules, break open and add oil only)
    3 ice cubes
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I bet its the same smoothie he showcased on Oprah and also in his Waist management book which I have some where. I will look and see if I can find it and post it here for you all.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    same as Debmac63. thank you :)
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    sounds good, but fish oil? why not just swallow the capsule whole along with the smoothie.

I would definitely try this, sans the oil! LOL
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    sounds good, but fish oil? why not just swallow the capsule whole along with the smoothie.

My thought was the same! Why would anyone want to break that open?? YUCK! I have a hard enough time just swallowing mine knowing I will be having fish burps after! I try to remember to take it before bed instead of during the day.

I could live without the chai seeds too.

DD
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    ...I will be having fish burps after!...

I take RX fish oil and have no fish burps. I take 4 grams daily. Ask your Dr.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    This is the one in the magazine. I think I am going to try it out
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    Haven't tried that one, but I will. I tried this 1 he featured on his show the other day

1c lowfat milf (I used light vanilla soymilk)
    1/2 avocado
    crushed ice
    1T honey

blend in blender....I made it to try before I made it for my 4 year old son. We all LOVED it, even my husband. It's very filling, and nothing ever fills me. I also added vanilla protein powder and that was excellent too. Good meal replacement if you want something sweet....enjoy
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    YUCK! I have a hard enough time just swallowing mine knowing I will be having fish burps after! I try to remember to take it before bed instead of during the day.

DD, you need to change your brand. I use Nordic Naturals, and no icky burps. My husband HATES fish, and was hesitant to take the capsules, but no complaints from him either.

there are a lot of other good brands out there.
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    I try to remember to take it before bed instead of during the day.

DD

The fish oil pills are better to take at bed anyway. They say they help with your metabolism more somehow then.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will try some of these brands!!!

DD
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Guaranteed if I add fish oil to it, I am NOT drinking it. I'm with you on taking them separately. lol
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

My thought was the same! Why would anyone want to break that open?? YUCK! I have a hard enough time just swallowing mine knowing I will be having fish burps after! I try to remember to take it before bed instead of during the day.

DD

Fish oil burps are the worst. I think that's the biggest reason I've been putting off buying another bottle. :)
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing that diet now. I made up the receipe and loaded here. If you enter Dr. Oz Smoothie(what i titled it) you can add it to your daily caloris. I did one receipe with Tropicana low fat juice and one with minute maide pomegranite juice. The smoothie avgs about 500-600 cals because i use both a banna and berries to kind of kill that pasty taste. Be cautioned, it is very very very thick and has lots of fiber. You can look at my daily food log, i have them for breakfast to see the amounts of cals/carbs/fats/proteins/etc. it contains. So far so good. You should try it.
  • KDuckGirl
    KDuckGirl Posts: 32
    Options
    I definitely recommend the diet :) My mom picked up the woman's day article and we headed to our health food store. The only issue is that all of those ingredients can get to be pretty pricey if you decide you would like to stick to the diet! With a college student budget, it's not the easiest for me to spend $30 on things like soy protein! I've just been doing the fruit, juice, soy protein, flax oil, and psyllium husks with ice. I did it for two weeks pretty strictly with a lot of yoga and lost about 8 pounds! You just have the smoothie for breakfast and lunch and have a high protein meal with veges for dinner. I like to pack little snack baggies for during the day so like walnuts&almonds or carrots&hummus in between meals.

I would say that the smoothie tastes pretty earthy and gritty at first but then they really grow on you and now I actually crave it! The diet doesn't recommend for you to stick to it longer than two weeks but I think it's an awesome substitute for breakfast or lunch if your on the go an don't have time to prepare a healthy meal (much better than not having anything at all!).

right now I'm out of my ingredients but I'd like to get more this week and maybe try it with the wheat germ and chai seeds. I would never do the fish oil! I was told you burp fish taste through the day with fish oil so I either do flax oil or walnut oil.
  • rho84
    rho84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have taken this shake as he wrote it. The shake's taste, while not the best thing you will ever eat, is completely acceptable

After you break open the fish oil and it goes in you don't taste it. ( I actually prefer this to swallowing it because they always seem huge and rubbery and hard to swallow) I love this shake. Make sure though that if you are taking whey protein you are also working out. The protein will make you gain weight otherwise. I use a banana (no berries) and pineapple juice. I use the pineapple juice because the health benefits of pineapple are HUGE, and it has a strong flavor that stands up to the rest of the ingredients. Use 3-4 ice cubes and blend it well. The colder it is the better (don't leave it in the fridge overnight though or it turns into a icky pudding consistency) Also as it warms up it thickens as well. Drink it quickly for the best quality. It does have a lot of calories so keep track or it can throw you for a loop.

To make it easy I bought a single server (magic bullet kind of) blender. At night I throw all the dry ingredients into one of the cups. In the morning I get up throw in the juice, pill, banana, and ice and blend it up right before I work out. It helps me keep my energy up through the workout (as well as the protein helps your muscles build back up after the workout), it keeps my digestive track running like a champ, and it keeps me motivated to work out, and keeps me full till lunch!. Its a wonderful wonderful recipe!