5'9 girls

Options

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and am aiming for 160 and am currently at 188. I have no idea what size I will be since I have lost 13 pounds total and am still in a size 14--although it is a loose 14. I have tried on a 12 and it is still too tight in the waist-- major muffin top! :laugh:
    28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 172...I'm a size 10 on top and 14 on the bottom...guess why I want to lose weight????

I just want my top and bottom to match...probably 145 -150 will do it... :)

Thanks for the thread!
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    I'm 5"9 and some change....
    CW 195
    GW 165 but I'd get happy at 175. I'm over 40 and really determined to get down for health purposes.
    good luck everyone
  • Kelbelle30
    Kelbelle30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 5'8 (so a little shorter than you gals!) but I wanted to comment on bone structure. I know from past experience that my hips and shoulders prevent me getting under a 10/12 and I simply want to be a comfortable 12 rather than boney - so bear your skeleton in mind!
    Good luck!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    Wow, a lot of the weight goals on this post seem so low for 5'9", especially the one for 126 lbs. I don't want to "quote" anyone because I am not trying to offend, I just had to put my 2 cents in on that one. I am 5' 9" and couldn't imagine being smaller than a size 10, it just doesn't seem natural for my body type. So that is my goal, size 10 and I am willing to get my weight down to whatever I have to to get into a size 10. I doubt it will be less than 170 though.

thank you for this. i've had friends this height (i'm 5'10) who have tiny frames and weight in the 120-130 range but for me that would be INSANE. i have an hourglass figure and i'm very strong. 160-175 seems great to me! don't let other's body types at the same height get you down

Thank YOU!!! I'm struggling getting under 175 right now, but I don't really like what I see in the mirror. I'm 5' 9.5" - I'm shrinking in my old age (37) :( I would LOVE to weigh 165, but I don't know if I have the will-power to get 10 more pounds off?!?! I'm working on it & trying to figure out the right caloric intake to lose 10 more lbs?!?!?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated - please friend me!!
  • laurenmcallister
    laurenmcallister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" and aiming for 130 (but will stop at 135 if I have no love handle fat!!). I have a medium frame and am a bit shorter than average posts on here so maybe that's why it will work for me? I'm also early 20s and no kids!! So there you go :P

I'd like to fit into size US 6.
  • victoriakc1
    victoriakc1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually stopped weighing myself! I am using a measuring tape these days. For you ladies who work out your weight may stand still or even go up if you start going to the gym more.

Before I started doing this my goal weight was 150 :)
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5" and weigh 132. I'm a size 4.
  • jcreedy
    jcreedy Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 5'9 and currently weigh 218 lbs and wear a size 18W. My goal is to get down to 180 for sure and then see how I feel then. I think this is how much I weighed in college and wore a MIsses size 14/16. I am a pretty large-framed gal....take after my Dad! Broad shoulders and wide hips....makes for hard work finding clothes that fit. I would just love to get to where I can stop shopping in the plus-sized department! Overall, I just want to be happy and healthy....which I don't feel when I weigh this much and have zero energy. I have never wanted to be skinny....although 180 will feel pretty darn skinny compared to my all time high of 234!

After reading some of these posts, I am thinking of amending my goal weight to 170.....we'll see how I feel when I get to 180!

I love this thread.....interesting to see how other tall ladies are built! :)
  • nicolleleck
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and a half and currently weigh 165 and wear a size 8-10 depending on brand of jeans, which is 20 lbs lower than when I started MFP. I Just ended 4 yrs of being vegan in January, which at my lowest weight (128), I looked too thin to everyone else. I am eating meat again, so working on portion sizes and am finally exercising 4-6 days a week. I would like to get back to 135 at the highest, and that should put me at a size 4 again. It doesn't seem to matter how thin I get and I've had no kids, I just have natural large hips even though my bone structure is small to medium, so I will never be able to wear jeans smaller than a 2-4... Hope this helps. Great topic to post about! :)
  • aadutton
    Options
    Great thread, thank you! I really had no idea what to put as a goal (since I've never been there) so this really helps.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150-155, size 6-8. I'm currently 157 size 6-10.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    5'9" - CW: 135.8 / Current Size: 7/8

GW: 130.0 - 135.0 / Goal Size: 5/6
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150. I don't have a goal size necessarily. The last time I weighed 150 though, I was a size 8 (wide hips!).

this is a spitten image of me! i gained about 20 pounds after my brain surgery so i REALLY need to kick it in gear!
  • Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", and a robust frame, if I can call it that.

SW: 333.9 (!)
    CW: 268.4
    GW: 165

At 165 pounds I am about a size 12/14, which looks good on me. The lowest I have ever been as an adult is 155, and that was a bit too small for my frame, I think.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 5'10...*slides into conversation*.......I want to be 125-135lbs and wear a size SMALL!!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm 5' 9". My goal weight was 140 and I didn't have a goal size (my starting weight way before I joined MFP was 164 lbs, size 10).

I'm now 136 and in a size 6. I'm in maintenance phase, but honestly wouldn't mind losing another lb or two.
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    hey ladies!!
    just wondering what other 5'9 ladies have for their goal weight & clothing size? I know we all have different body types, and everything. I'm just curious what other girlies my height are working toward? Xx :heart:

I am currently at goal 125-130 (little bit of fluxuation) I wear S/M top, S/M dress/skirt, pant sizes are weird....lol so, I wear anywhere from a 2-7 depending on brand and style.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9'' and my starting weight was 182 lbs. My goal was 155 and I have reached it. I just set a new goal for 150 and that is probably going to be my weight-related goal! My size at 155 is medium shirts and size 8 pants.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 160-175 and I'll re-evaluate when I get close to that goal. My size goal is a size 10-- I am currently a size 20.