Should I or shouldn't I?

Options
Hello guys.

I need some advice here.

I recently found out I am pregnant 6 weeks today. YAY!

Here is my dilemma, I have been doing MFP for a year now and have lost 20lbs in the process. I started my weightloss journey from 215lbs currently 191lbs and I am proud of it.

I am still not happy with where my weight currently is and I have pretty much settled into my routine to continue to lose weight. My question is should I still continue my weight loss journey or sholud I stop?

I really don't want to. I am on a roll right now and I really am scared that I'll gain all my weight back that I am trying so hard not to.

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    This should most definitely be addressed to your OB/Gyn
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

Ditto. This is not something to discuss with strangers over the internet. You really need to seek advice from your doctor. Take care!
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options

Ditto. This is not something to discuss with strangers over the internet. You really need to seek advice from your doctor. Take care!

Yep.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor. You are going to need enough nutrition for the baby. And you should ask what types and levels of exercise you should be doing.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!

All sound advice!

But I guess my biggest fear is she'll tell me I should stop and I really hope that's not the case, but hey I 'll do what I need to do to make sure my baby is healthy.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I doubt that your OB will tell you to stop eating healthy and exercising but she will probably have you modify both your current exercise and eating plans to better support the baby.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    you should continue to eat healthy and you can keep doing the exercises that your body is used to, but u need to up your calorie intake to make sure the baby is getting enough. talk to your doctor about how many calories you should be eating with the pregnancy and set your goals to that
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    you should continue to eat healthy and you can keep doing the exercises that your body is used to, but u need to up your calorie intake to make sure the baby is getting enough. talk to your doctor about how many calories you should be eating with the pregnancy and set your goals to that

^^^ This is what I was concerned about. Increasing my calories.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Talk to your ob/gyn. And take prenatal vitamins now.