seeking motivation...

Options
My old regimen was 3 days spending about 20-30 minutes on the elliptical and doing strength/resistance training or playing tennis on the other days. now i can't seem to pull myself out of bed in the mornings anymore, and if i don't do it in the morning - it won't get done. I need help!!! also, i've hit a point where i need to change up my routine since i'm not able to pass that 50-51 lb mark. my scale has been stuck at 171 for about a month now. any ideas for getting out of this slump?

Replies

• TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Personally, after getting on the treadmill at least 5 - 6 days a week since Jan 1. The last week and a half I have only exercised once, and under my calorie goal each day and have lost about 8 lbs. I have wanted to work out, but have not really had a chance. I assume that my body just need a change or a rest.
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat as you. My scale hasnt moved in over 3 weeks. Ihave been doing cardio for 45-60 minutes 3 days a week and 1 or 2 strength/core sessions with trainer. I am way past fed up!!!:explode: I have had some "stoach and digestion issues", so i know that eventually a change in the scale should show up.

Yesterday went for a trail run with a friend from work and i mean she is a hardcore exercise enthusiast! It was a blast plus she was really encouraging and gave me some good pointers. I am gonna run my first 5K next week ( i am way in over my head!).::huh: I hope that by completing it ( and hopefully living through it!) that will get my motivation going again!

For me, stepping out of my comfort zone and doing things that i normally wouldnt do, pumps up my ego and boosts my motivation!! Maybe trying something different will help you too!!

Good luck and have fun!!!:bigsmile: