76 lbs Lighter and feeling AMAZING!!!

Options
Emilia6909
Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
During a trip to France last year I realised that I actually felt like how Gwyneth Paltrow looked in Shallow Hal. LOL ...

The thing that kicked that feeling off was when the lady with whom I was lodging, suggested I don't eat any croissants for breakfast because my body certainly did not need it! Well.... that was it for me. I just had to do something about this as I had physically become someone I didn't really like. I didn't loathe myself... I've always taken good care of myself from an appearance point and believe it or not, junk and processed food was off my list of things to eat since 1997. So why did I look like this? What happened I kept on thinking. Well, I can blame it on stress, lack or exercise, having children, wrong portion sizes even when eating the "right" stuff...

On my return home, a friend challenged me to eat raw for a week. Only fruit and veg. Being game for anything, I did it. Only I loved the idea so much, I researched RAW FOOD and et voila! The postie delivered a Dehydrator and I was experimenting with all sorts of raw food recipes. I weighed myself and to my absolute horror, the scales read 244lbs! Holy crap'a doodles.... Well!
New Year came with a bang and I joined the gym in January. I managed to maintain my weight over Xmas and when I weighed in on the 21st of January, I was just over 230lbs. I signed up for a weight loss challenge at my local gym. I continued to eat primarily raw but added cooked meat to my diet. The programme lasted 3 months and I managed to lose 43lbs in that time. I trained with a personal trainer 3 times per week and also took up spinning, zumba and step aerobics. 10 months down the line I still enjoy the same classes except that I have replaced Spinning with Boxercise !! I also teach two Zumba classes a week... a fantastic way to keep fit!

Since the challenge, I have continued with exercising at least 2 hours per day. I eat as well as I have always done but because of my high calorie burn, I do eat some of the calories back. ( Something I hadn't done during the challenge.) I never ate under 1200 calories and if really hungry, would snack on raw nuts which in itself would up the calories consumed. I was aware that I had to fuel my body properly during the challenge and also do so now. I remain strict Monday to Friday, but when the sun sets on a Friday afternoon, I pour a lovely glass of wine and chillax for the weekend. To me that does not mean pig out, but I do enjoy a slice of cheesecake from time to time. :happy:

From a "jaw drop" point, so many folk have stopped me in the street to chat about my transformation. They simply can't believe that I have done it the good old way (sweat & tears). Well, I love the new me. I haven't been "me" for at least 8 years but now I'm back and loving the fun I'm having with clothes and all the girlie bits. My husband has his old wife back (or young wife back) :tongue: and loving the fact that I have the confidence to enjoy my life even more. :heart:

I have a few more pounds to shift, but I know that will come with time. I don't have any problem with loose skin (everyone wants to know about that!) and perhaps it is because I am working so hard to tone my body. I just look at the contour of my arms now and realise that exercise is CRUCIAL whilst losing weight. I don't think my body would have adjusted well by just eating correctly. Everyone is different and I am very lucky that I can juggle my time to spend 2 hours a day in the gym.

Last by not least..... MFP! The friends I have made here, the advice and motivation - I would've been lost without you! Thank you so much for being part of my journey in transforming myself from a size 22 to a size 12/14.

:smile:

Weightlossresult.jpg

Emilia6b.jpg

Replies

• hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Look how happy you look now!! :D Definitely an inspiration, keep up the amazing work!!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    well done, looking great!
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I was down today because I've had a bad couple of days food wise and I feel like this weight will never come off because I'm working out staying within my calories (well, 85% of the time) but the scale is moving like a broken clock. But this was def a pick me up and point me in the right direction story.

Thank you
  • Emilia6909
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Tamisha15.... My advice would be to throw those scales as far away as possible! Instead, weigh yourself once a week at your local pharmacy and get a print out to stick on your fridge! Scales can really screw it up for us especially when we can resist weighing each day. I have not weighed in for 2 months now and will only do so again the week before Xmas. I go completely by how my clothes fit... the absolute best way of telling me how I'm doing!

Best of luck.... 15lbs lighter and doing GREAT! :wink:
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for caring, I will :wink:
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Great job! Beautiful - before & after. :)
  • Emilia6909
    Options
    LOL... The one thing I can't stop noticing on the before photo is the size of my boobs and the width of my waist! Blimey... no wonder I was exhausted! :laugh:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!!!!
  • banks89202
    Options
    You look amazing!! I love that freakin chair!!!
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!!!!!!! Sometimes all it take is for the "lightbulb" to go on. You have just inspried me not to
    To give up
  • Emilia6909
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the positive comments. It is much appreciated and I hope that in return, my weight loss inspires you to follow your weight loss dream! :)
  • Mamabrandyk
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Your definatly my inspiration for the day! You can tell the difference in your confidence in your pictures and your story has multiplied!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    great job! you look awesome!
  • Emilia6909
    Options
    Thanks again. The photo in the middle was taken after I had lost around 27kgs. The last photograph was taken last week and a total loss of 35kg. :happy:

Quite a few people have asked about loose skin, well all I can say is exercise, water and non-processed foods worked for me. A bit wobbly around the waist but I know with time that will sort itself out.

:flowerforyou:
  • alangk
    Options
    Fantastic Emilia. Your transformation is inspiring and you look so beautiful and happy. Keep up the great work and know that I am driven to match your success story with as much enthusiasm and to spread as much positive energy as you have.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your hard work has certainly paid off :drinker:
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You've done so well and look so much happier :)
  • Emilia6909
    Options
    The hard work continues and I can honestly say that I have made that all important lifestyle change. Nearly a year later and I'm still going strong... getting fitter, getting stronger and shaping in all the right places.

I will never ever take the hard work that went into this personal challenge for granted..... but I've done it and can't be any more happy with myself!

Thanks again to all my MFP friend who have supported me throughout the entire process! :flowerforyou:
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You are stunning!
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! You look gorgeous and so happy. Be proud of yourself! I will direct my overweight friends who say they "can't" to your story. We don't need surgery or drugs or gimmicks, just discipline and smart lifestyle changes. You go girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!