these boots were made for walkin'...

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
but, i couldn't wear them when i bought them about 2 years ago because they wouldn't zip up! i tried them on today, and they are actually lose on me! but here is the weird thing - i know i weighed at least 10 pounds lighter when i bought them, maybe even 15 or 20 pounds. so, even though i weigh more, my legs are slimmer. i'm anxious to see how different i look when i get back down to the 190s again - i'm assuming that the working out is changing my physique a good deal, even if the weight loss is going slower than i might like. but, who cares? i can wear my cool boots!

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

I have a few boots like that too, damn big calves. Still can't get them zippered even after losing 51 lbs but am hoping after another 50. I think it's muscle gain right now. I also have a catalog of really cool boots posted on my bulletin board above my head in my office. Something to shoot for !!!
  • FullmetalPanda
    Options
    Just keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, since you're working out you are becoming more lean, but you may not be getting lighter. Thats why I keep track of both how much weight I lose along with how much size I'm losing.
    Congrats on the boots, your progress, and GOOD LUCK!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I have a few pairs of boots like that, I hate shopping for them though as I have wide calves cos of the fat! lol
    But I'm hoping that will change soon back to how it used to be and I can buy whatever boots I want again! :wink:
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    I can't wait to get to buy knee high boots!! I too have a picture posted on my "inspirations" wall (one at work, one at home). Its super motivating!!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS had trouble with knee high boots. Even at my lightest they only fit a tiny bit better, but only a few styles. Most styles were an absolute no-go as far as zipping them up. I've just been cursed with giant, muscular calves, I guess.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love my boots, some of them I wear scrunched down because they can no longer go around my massive calves. I always have thicker than average calves even when thin..........but this is ridiculous. I will shout with joy when I can finally zip them up around my calves. Congrats to you!!!
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    That's great! Lol this was a cute intro, hehe :-) Keep up the good work!
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    I had a little confidence boost with my boots yesterday too!! I could zip them up without squishing my chub and pulling the sides closed. My friends thought I was pretty funny when I would say "Watch this..." and unzip and zip them back up with one hand. It the little victories that make me the happiest!!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I have always had large calves but since I have been slimmer I now have "odd" legs

My right leg can fit in normal boots and they zip, but my left one I need wide-fit boots- so annoying!

It's expensive as there are only a few places that stock wide-fit calf fitting, plus half the time I don't like them!
  • JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    I have ALWAYS had trouble with knee high boots. Even at my lightest they only fit a tiny bit better, but only a few styles. Most styles were an absolute no-go as far as zipping them up. I've just been cursed with giant, muscular calves, I guess.

Same here! I love boots, but I can't wear zip-ups. My calves are huge. I used to hate them with a passion, but after seeing people work so hard to increase the size of their skinny calves, I feel a little more affectionate towards mine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!