Oh, the irony...

Options
I am a food scientist in product development (I have a Master's degree in Food Science and I used to work for Stouffer's/Lean Cuisine) and I am back in school working on another degree...in dietetics. I will end up being the most obese Registered Dietitian around! I am learning how to help others eat correctly and I can't take care of myself! I formulate foods to meet certain dietary requirements using healthy ingredients at my current company and I have spent the last year running through the drive-thru every day. Since going back to school, surrounded by dietitians, I am now at my heaviest weight. I am putting this out here because I need a support system that understands what I am going through. Hopefully, my journey will help to shape me into an amazing dietitian with the ability to really help others. I would love to make some new friends.

Replies

• FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Wow... and of all of us you probably will be able to share so much educated real information with all of us!

I hope the support system here can help keep you on track! Read the "success stories".... you will be inspired! :)
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there! And welcome to MFP! I've been on here for a while, but haven't been serious except for the last couple months. And I have LOT to learn about nutrition, though I"ve been trying lately. I also do try to log in every day {and since the move has calmed down I should be able to track better}.

Feel free to add if you'd like another friend :)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I took 2 nutrition classes to get my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. My irony was weighing 304 lbs. I was the heavies nurse I knew. I spent many hours a day taking care of others and never took the time to take care of myself. I've spent the last yr. working on me. You need to focus on yourself because you are an important person and can really help all of us on mfp. Feel free to add me and we can help each other. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    I'd love to have such a knowledgable friend as yourself on a journey you're such an expert at! Please feel free to add me
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's probably quite a few nurses (whose job it is to take care of people) on here who totally understand!

Welcome!
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just because, we know something, it doesn't always make it easy to apply! Support, and little steps will get you started and I believe you will change your life! :)
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a social worker, and I learn so much from the ladies (and men) I help with making their lives safer and better. It is humbling to be in the helping profession, and actually get paid for being helped! I would love to be your MFP friend, feel free to add me!
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We've all gone off the wrong track, somewhere. You're up and attacking the problem...good for you! It took me a little longer.... If you want or need some more friends, I'll be glad to help and support you.
  • SlimmingSarah2012
    Options
    With all things being healthy...its always easier said than done. Most overweight people in general know exactly how to lose weight, its just a matter of implementing.
    Mind over matter!

We can do this!!!
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Believe me I know how you feel...if I applied everything that I have learned over the years, I would be in better shape than anyone I know!! :) Unfortunately as another poster said, easier said than done!! This time I am determined to do it the right way. Feel free to add me.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Truth is....I'm not a dietician or a nurse....but I knew better when I gained all of this weight. I think except for a few who have medical conditions that cause weight gain, we all made choices that were at least somewhat informed to get where we are. Glad you are ready for a change! That's an important first step! Feel free to add me.