5'9 girls

Options

Replies

• TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 175 which I haven't weighed since kindergarten..j/k...once I get there I will probably lower it to 165..then I'll see how I feel. My size goal is anything without a W after it.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I would love to weigh ANY number that starts with 14...so I still have a few to go. This should get me down to a nice comfy 6 in pants!
  • emzack
    emzack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 157 pounds with a fairly athletic/muscular medium build. I wear a size 10. My goal is 145 pounds and I'd love to fit size 6-8.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" ( use to be 5'9.75" age skrinkage!), my goal is 170. I am large frame, large feet and hands, and right now I am 191.5 in a size 14 and I look pretty good, weight lifting has changed my body quite a bit. I am not that worried about the goal weight, but working towards body fat reduction to 24%, I am around 34% now so I have a ways to go, but may change the ending goal weight as the fat leaves and lean muscle comes aboard!! I am currently around a size 14/16 US depending upon the maker.
  • pattie521
    Options
    I am 5'9.5" current weight is 148, started at 161. Starting pant size was 10/12 currently 4/7 depending on brand. I'm shooting for 140.
  • mspattylo
    mspattylo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and currently weigh 158 with 23.6% body fat a size 7/8. My ultimate goal weight is 137-145lbs with a body fat of about 18-20%... I want to be a size 4/6. I am working on lowering my measurements to 36-26-38 (currently 36-28-40)
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

5'9" here, goal is 150ish, course that could change depending on how I look at 150. Pant size, I would like to ultimately be a 10/12 but will settle for a 14. The pant size could change too, depends on if I am a fat skinny or a lean skinny by the end. I am shooting for Lean skinny so i am lifting weights, running, swimming, biking etc trying for a lean look by the end :)

I have never been at a healthy height/weight ratio for my size so I am not really sure what kind of goals are realistic for myself, but I know 150ish is a healthy weight for my height. I would be happy at 165 if I look good and feel good. I have big hips (bone wise and fat wise) and honestly I don't know what my final "Shape" will be, though I suspect an hourglass type figure after looking at all the other women in my family.

My ultimate goal is to run a Half Marathon, not sure I care how much I weigh if I can do this :D and to get rid of my plantar Facitis which is mostly caused by my weight (currently 248, was 280 at my highest)
  • Collinsbc
    Options
    my goal is 170 i have large hips n booty :) n e thing smaller i start to look like s crack head. this will put me back in my size 7 jeans
  • b1essed
    b1essed Posts: 18
    Options
    CW 194 GW 165 age 43..need to rededicate to get rid of these last 29 pounds!!!
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My goal is 185, I am 244 right now. I think I have a pretty large frame. When I was at my thinnest/healthiest I was 170-175 and my hip bones were sticking out and I wore a 11/13 pant size. I would definitely look like I had a serious addiction if I was lower than 160. I think it's these norwegian genes lol
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and have a small frame. I don't seem to put on much muscle however much I exercise so when I put on weight I just end up feeling a bit too wobbly. My highest weight was about 155 and I have now reached my goal of 133 - I just want to stay somewhere between 130-135. This makes me a UK size 10 which I think is a US size 8.

This is lower than some of the other responses here but I really do agree with what a lot of people have said about frame size. I can't carry weight and look good - and I am quite envious of people who can. On the other hand, I do not look unhealthy at this weight - I just feel about right.
  • banks89202
    Options
    This just show's me how different we all are even tho we are about the same height. 2 years ago I was in a size 10 express jeans at 185-195lbs . I wore a medium/large shirt., I wonder if it has to do with muscle mass? I have played softball my entire life and I have always had an "athletic type build" ?

lowestweight.jpg

Me 2 years ago 185-195lbs
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is a highly interesting post! Well I am 174cm (5'9) and currently at about 59 kg (130 pounds), my goal weight is a steady 58 (127,5). Might seem a bit low to some of you but I even look my best and very healthy at 55 kg (120 pounds). Anyways, everything under 59 is good, higher than that looks chubby on me:)
  • keyjul
    keyjul Posts: 8
    Options
    My goal is PEACE.....if you've read Lysa Terkuerst's Made to Crave....you'll know what that means

However, I am 5'9 and I have set my physical goal at 175 which will hopefully compute to about a size 12....I think I would look alot more healthy at around that range but I'm willing to re-evaluate once I get there. :wink:
  • aleciaj7
    Options
    I'm 5'9 also & my goal is 175 currently, I think it might change or it might not, either way my focus right now is 199 :)
  • jd5761
    jd5761 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'9 1/2, currently weigh 96 kg (212 lbs) and goal is 70 kg (154 lbs)

I last weighed 170 in 2005 and it still felt like there was progress to be made. I have changed from NZ/AUS sizing to UK sizing and now asking me for US sizing means I'm just confused :) I am a UK 18 and would like to be a UK 12... last time I was at goal weight was 1994...
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am just squeeking into this fabulous group and I'll say I am 5'9.99999" or a pinch more. I got as high as 195, started MFP at 175 and am currently at 163. Goal weight is about 155 and I think that looks great on me since I am NOT athletic nor do I work out. I can't account any extra pounds to fabulous muscle. That should have me looking appropriate for my age in a size 10. I graduated college at 105 lbs but I never want to look like that ever again. I liked my bust line at 195 lbs though and now it's back to padded bras.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a medium to small-ish frame. I have muscles now from lifting heavy and consistently for the past year and a bit. My current weight is 155 lbs (in my pic I am 145) and my goal weight is 135 lbs. I will see what happens though. Given that I have some muscle definition now I might scale my goal back to 140.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and 139lbs. I dont have a goal for now other than lower body fat, I kinda had 135lbs as a goal, but it seems like thats not gonna happen and I kinda dont want it to hapen anyway
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a medium frame (I think). I started out in January at 175 lbs wearing a 12/14; my original goal was 160, then 155, then 150. Now I hover between 147-150 and am wearing a 8/10. Not really looking to lose any more weight, just maintain/ tone up!