PALEO!!!

Options
I am very new to this diet and this could be a place we can share our ups and downs. Our success and our recipes!

Replies

• VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was just reading about Paleo! I want to learn more about this eating plan!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Go find the paleo/primal group if that 's what you're looking for. A paleo topic in the main forums is like the Soviets moving nukes to Cuba.
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I adopted the paleo lifestyle roughly 4 months ago. For me it made sense bc it was clean eating and gluten free! I have never felt better in my life. I started with the everyday paleo cookbook and now I get the majority of my recipes from paleomg! I have loved almost everything I've tried from both sources.
    I admit I am not 100% all the time. I do still eat cheese now and then, have a dt pepsi 5 times a week and drink coffee every morning (black). Its all about what works best for you.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7ohawwjmV1rnz99fo1_500.jpg
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group

Here you go. Run away from the boards, fast :wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Red alert! Red alert!

This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Everything is paleo as long as you sneak up on it ;)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the paleo diet but I did borrow a recipe from it for a really filling, tasty breakfast food

1egg(I sometimes only use egg white)
    2bananas(I use only one though, you can also use pumpkin to reduce sugar/carbs?)
    2 tablespoons (heaping) of a nut butter

smash together in a bowl, mix well. Fry like you would pancakes. They are delicate so make small ones, but they look and have the consistency of pancakes! About 400 calories if you do 1 egg,1 banana, two tablespoons of peanut butter.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

I'm going to get me a spear and head to Target. That bag of Doritos won't know what hit it!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options

I'm going to get me a spear and head to Target. That bag of Doritos won't know what hit it!

LOL!!! I love this theory and think I may have to adopt it as my own... :drinker:
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

This is a great group.

Also - google Mark Sissan and Rob Wolf...both of their blogs have great information - especially if you're just starting out. I'm personally a fan of Primal over Paleo - but I think both theories are solid and beneficial for long-term health. Additionally, depsite what a lot of mainstream 'healthy' folks says, this lifestyle is incredibly easy to maintain.