What are you "go to" foods?

Options
I'm looking to broaden my horizon with my food selections. I employ a low carb, high protein diet. I was curious about what are some of the "go to" foods that others frequently have in their diet. Any brands or recipes you have found that help keep you on track? Snacks? How about ways of eating?

Just curious. Thanks for any input you share. :D

Replies

• tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For high protein/low carb the go tos would be things like string cheese (I am fond of polly-o), peanuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts, etc.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs, black beans, corn, and various other food that I can cook in bulk then just much off of.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have found Kraft Whipped Peanut butter, and it's my new go-to snack! Way better than the regular peanut butter. It's not as 'sticky' and goes better with fruit.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have found Kraft Whipped Peanut butter, and it's my new go-to snack! Way better than the regular peanut butter. It's not as 'sticky' and goes better with fruit.
    interesting...
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    pb is a good snack. and I absolutely love to microwave some frozen brocolli- salt pepper or other spices. it fills me up, and at a cup of florets for 30 calories you can't go wrong.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I tend go with Turkey Meatloaf. Doesn't sound fancy because it is not, but it makes lunches simple.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Pistachios
    Hard Boiled Eggs (Sometimes I eat the Yolk, sometimes I don't)
    Baby Carrots, Raw Broccoli and Celery dipped in hummus
    Air popped Popcorn (when I am feeling really snacky, like shoving food in my mouth snacky, though I think they have quite a few carbs in them)
    Banana
    Apple
    Tuna with a bit of Dill Relish, sometimes mayo, on Celery
    Hapi Wasabi Peas
  • bgisabel
    bgisabel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 can of Progresso Soup, usually about 9 to 13g of Carbs and low calorie.