My Halfway Point and First 5K!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I've always loved looking at the success stories on here and have found them a great source of motivation. My favorites are people who take the time to celebrate the little goals and are finding enjoyment on the ride! This week I had two huge victories! Not only am I at the halfway mark to my goal weight but I also ran my first 5K!

before.jpg

This is my husband and I, Christmas last year. I was at my heaviest 282lbs. Hearty, Happy and totally unhealthy. We decided then that something needed to change, especially with our wedding coming up! My husband and I joined a gym, started working out and the rest is history in the making!

And this is us now! As of Saturday we have officially run our first 5K, a Zombie escape run (VERY fun!!!) and I'm down a whopping 66lbs! Even though I'm not there yet, I'm closer than I was yesterday and I RAN A FREAKING 5K!!! 3 MILES!!!! That would have been IMPOSSIBLE for me before!

start2.jpg

start1.jpg

run1-1.jpg

Just remember not to give up!!! Keep on trucking and you WILL make it! Celebrate the little (and the BIG!) milestones!!!!

start-1.jpg

Replies

• PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the fantastic work. You look great! :)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Well done to you both.
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of all your hard work.

I'm scheduled to do my first 5K on Thanksgiving and I'm so nervous!
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    Wow that is great! Congrats! How cool that you and your hubby ran together too!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I can not say enough how proud I am of you. I tend to be so self centered in that I am uncomfortable in my own skin. Even me doing Zumba there are moves I won't do because of the way I jiggle. But look at you, you are such an inspiration to me. You ran not easy in its self to do,:happy: but you did it. Wow I will do my Zomba moves from now on even if I jiggle. I will run and not walk even if I jiggle.

I am truely proud. Good job you are more than half way. You have already won your goal because you have the right attitude.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done to you both! what a wonderful thing to do together! well done on you 5k, next goal 10k! you can do it :)
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of all your hard work.

I'm scheduled to do my first 5K on Thanksgiving and I'm so nervous!

I was nervous too but don't be! Once you get out there it's so much fun!
  • ladybug1867
    Options
    Ccongradulations!!! I'm having to start all over. Trouble with my diabetes and the increase in insulin I'm having to take has caused 22 of the 32lbs i'd lost to come back on. Have been changing other stuff around, joined Myfitnesspal and I've dropped 7 of tons added back lbs. Go back to dr in 2 wks so hoping she'll decrease my shots to help out some. BUT i bite the bullet and also did my 1st 5K run/walk at the Boo Run here in MS last weekend. Had to walk fast paced most of the route and couldnt move for 2 days after but loved it, enjoyed it and came in 2nd for age division (41-45). Cant wait to do another and think that run's what helped the 7lbs decrease lol.
    Keep up the good work!! :smile: :smile:
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Glad to get to be part of your journey on here! Awesome job. :)
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ccongradulations!!! I'm having to start all over. Trouble with my diabetes and the increase in insulin I'm having to take has caused 22 of the 32lbs i'd lost to come back on. Have been changing other stuff around, joined Myfitnesspal and I've dropped 7 of tons added back lbs. Go back to dr in 2 wks so hoping she'll decrease my shots to help out some. BUT i bite the bullet and also did my 1st 5K run/walk at the Boo Run here in MS last weekend. Had to walk fast paced most of the route and couldnt move for 2 days after but loved it, enjoyed it and came in 2nd for age division (41-45). Cant wait to do another and think that run's what helped the 7lbs decrease lol.
    Keep up the good work!! :smile: :smile:

Way to keep at it! Starting over again is so stinking hard but totally worth it!
  • VanessaLysette3
    VanessaLysette3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    66 pounds? That's awesome girl, fantastic job and good luck to your second half! I'm planning on doing my first 5k in March. You are just too adorable and look super happy :happy: keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!