10 pound weight gain in 1 day?!?

Options
I have been slacking off on my log ins for about the past 2 weeks because I have been on this site for 2 years, was within 10 pounds of my total weight loss goal, and had learned to mentally track my calories. I started a new medication that caused moderate side effects, one of which being a 10 pound weight gain within 1-2 weeks. I stopped the medication and started taking some herbal diuretics, which relieved most of the weight gain. About a week later after almost all the weight had dropped and stayed off, I stopped taking those and my weight stabilized. A week after that, I spent the whole day strenuously cleaning my house to the point of exhaustion. I usually lose some water weight when I do this, so I was excited to jump on the scale at the end of the day. MY WEIGHT HAD SKYROCKETED FROM 155 TO 165 FROM THAT MORNING!!! It's 4 days later and after finishing off my herbal diuretics AND taking some stool softeners/laxatives and eating lightly, THE WEIGHT HAS STILL STUBBORNLY REMAINED!!!! Any ideas/help please?!?!?!

Replies

• charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you get medication such as cortisone and eat food with salt or sugar you may have this kind of weight fluctuates. Your doctor is the best to ask for side effects of any meds, and should have advised you.

Also I can't find any reason taking diuretics if the retain is from meds. Just wait a few days, eat sald/sugar free and then ask doctor.