succes with “FA" diet??

Options
hey. im new to my fitness pal. i just started this "FA" diet n im mostly within my calories for the day on here [with my exercise] but most days it just seems like so much foog they want you to eat n i dont like the feeling of being uncomfortably full. has anyone else done this diet sucessfully or otherwise or have any suggestions. please help :/

Replies

• Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    What's an "FA diet"? Never heard of it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
  • Collinsbc
    Options
    its the encouraged diet for the food addicts annonymous meeting. my mom did amazing on it so im trying it out but i am no convinced. as ive said just seems lkke entirely to much food.

breakfeast: 6oz protien, 4oz whole grain, 6oz fruit

lunch: 6oz protien, 6oz cooked veggies, 6oz raw veggies, 6oz fruit, 1tbs fat

dinner: same as lunch

no breads no sugar
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options

sounds like something i should look into
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My problem with that is that it doesn't take the real world into account. What are you going to do when you get invited to dinner at someone's house and that breakdown of food isn't an option? Or when your girlfriends wanto to go to dinner and it's not somewhere that you can do those exact proportions? I ended up feeling very isolated on past weight loss attempts that were too restrictive.

That being said, perhaps if you do have serious concerns about being an FA, then perhaps do a 30 day strict adherence to something like that and perhaps you can start to build a more normal eating lifestyle over time. Because let's face it, Mexican food happens! Birthday cake happens. Potlucks happen. Any lifestyle change I make that I can stick with consistently is going to have to take into account that these things are just a reality in my life. :happy:
  • Collinsbc
    Options
    this is different then the one im doing. close but different
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    its the encouraged diet for the food addicts annonymous meeting. my mom did amazing on it so im trying it out but i am no convinced. as ive said just seems lkke entirely to much food.

breakfeast: 6oz protien, 4oz whole grain, 6oz fruit

lunch: 6oz protien, 6oz cooked veggies, 6oz raw veggies, 6oz fruit, 1tbs fat

dinner: same as lunch

no breads no sugar

I've never done or heard of the diet...

Just a suggestion: I see from your post that a lot of it is eating 6oz of different food groups for the most part. Since you are saying you feel too full with this amount try lowering it from 6oz to 5oz see if that helps. You'll never be able to workout with a full stomach and you'll just feel sick all day:sick: Been there Done that! Not fun.
  • Collinsbc
    Options
    thats a great idea. thanks. y didnt i think of this :)
  • Collinsbc
    Options
    i totally get what u mean im using it for a few months while i figure out my body. its more of a jumping off point to get me going. and supposidly a wsy to loose 10% in ur first month. like i said im new to this n really trying to figure it out, but this is just a starting point
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i cant do this diet :( i need to eat more