Food Diary question

Options
Can I add foods from my "food diary" to "my foods" or some kind of favorites?

Replies

• shierrarobin
    Options
    There's a "Recipe" tab where you can take a bunch of ingredients and put them together to have a quick thing to click on. I did that for my low calorie spaghetti and nachos recipe as well as my fruit smoothies. It's a lot easier than clicking on ever single ingredient every time. :happy:
  • myrnajuhl
    Options
    I'm talking about adding everyday things like carrots or milk. Things I use all the time. Having them in a list of regularly used items so I don't have to search for them every time.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when you "add food" under the meal, there is a "most used" tab that has your most frequent items. -
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Add to your diary and they'll be under recent. Then sort your diary by name and they'll be listed in alphabetical order so you can easily find them. The only thing you'll have to do is adjust the amount unless you happen to eat the same amount all the time which I do with some foods.
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    One thing that drives me crazy is that the list doesn't carry over to another meal. For example: If I ate at a restaurant for lunch....had leftovers....then ate them for dinner. I'd have to go find the thing all over again to add it to dinner, because it's only saved in the lunch portion. So annoying!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    One thing that drives me crazy is that the list doesn't carry over to another meal. For example: If I ate at a restaurant for lunch....had leftovers....then ate them for dinner. I'd have to go find the thing all over again to add it to dinner, because it's only saved in the lunch portion. So annoying!

Yes. What's up with that!
  • justgetitdone
    justgetitdone Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that is annoying.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I have started copying the previous day's supper, then going in and changing the meal to lunch. Does that make sense? It does to me.. lol
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you look at recent foods, you have the option to select all meals - it will show up there.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I agree too. I would also like to delete items from "My Foods," or "Recent," but we can't do that either. And we can't use left overs from a previous "recipe," as ingredient for a new recipe.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I just add it to the same meal, and then click on it and change it to the proper mealtime. Still saves time. :smile:
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options

On the iPhone app you can choose to look at the most used /recent foods from all meals or the current meal. I think you can do that on the web diary as well.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about adding everyday things like carrots or milk. Things I use all the time. Having them in a list of regularly used items so I don't have to search for them every time.

I've wondered the same thing. I use the 'most used' and 'recent' tabs, but what the heck is the 'my foods' tab even for if you can't add to it?
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options

I am lazy, so I copy it from the dinner to the dinner the next day, then go in and change it to lunch or vice versa.