Looking for some friends!

Options
Hey guys, another newbie here and looking for some friends! I hit my highest weight about 1 1/2 ago 256....I'm only 5'2"! I was a athlete growing up....softball, track and cheerleader! But somehow I allowed myself gain SO much weight! It sucks being the fat one of the family, when everyone else is a size 5! So I'm here to finally make a change! Right now I'm down to 231 and determind to get down to 200 by the new year.....and hopefully 180 by my 30th Bday in March! So anyone looking for a new friend add me please cause this girl is determind and would love some extra support!

Replies

• mommyof4adorablekids
    Options
    I will be your friend! I weighed myself saturday and I was 220. I have alot of the same goals as you!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Me too! I feel your pains. I used to be about 200lbs and I am 5'1"
    It's been a bout a decade of losses and gains and periods of laziness and activity but I'm at 132 atm.
    Lots of people forget that I used to be much larger and even more people have no idea, so it is awkward when people talk to me about weight loss, but I really do know some things.

Your goal sounds reasonable and doable. When in March is your b-day? Mine is St. Patrick's day. I love beer too so a lot of my "struggle" is there. If I didn't have to work out for any other reason, it would be so that I can drink beer.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    hi i'm new here too. I'm 270lbs and looking to weigh in at around 240 by Christmas :) Feel free to add me. Its hard when you see a bunch of people who are so small and I think wow what weight do you need to loose? LOL
  • mleparton
    Options
    Me too! I feel your pains. I used to be about 200lbs and I am 5'1"
    It's been a bout a decade of losses and gains and periods of laziness and activity but I'm at 132 atm.
    Lots of people forget that I used to be much larger and even more people have no idea, so it is awkward when people talk to me about weight loss, but I really do know some things.

Your goal sounds reasonable and doable. When in March is your b-day? Mine is St. Patrick's day. I love beer too so a lot of my "struggle" is there. If I didn't have to work out for any other reason, it would be so that I can drink beer.

Mine is St. Patricks day also!!! lol
  • jltorres0214
    Options
    Im also new here please guys add me, i need friends to motivate me. i am tired of being fat and i think this site will help me a lot ... thanks :)
  • emilylorraine12
    Options
    I'll be your friend, feel free to add me or anyone else. (:
  • jltorres0214
    Options
    thank you :)
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I weigh right at about 258 and i have about 100 lbs to lose! I will send you a friend request!
  • gracedivine
    Options
    Ran into a friend today that has lost a trememdous amount of weight since I last saw her. She told me about this site and I just signed up. I need the support of friends who feel the same way I do...so tired of being tired...so tired of not being about to walk up a flight of stairs without being winded...so tired of not wanting to face the mirror because I don't like who I see looking back. So tired of carrying around all these extra lbs. I haven't weighed in a while but I know I'm close to 220 and only 5'4" tall. I would love to lose 20 lbs by the first of the year...hopeful.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Daily logger here. Feel free to add me.
  • sgreen328
    Options
    I'm new here as well, feel free to add me. I have lost 117lbs with SP but still have 100 or so to go.
  • cathy130veronica
    Options
    I joined 3 days ago & would like to have friends on the same journey. Still trying to get into food tracking. so count me in as a friend.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    new here to so you can friend me.
    or anyone else can
  • koosh007
    Options
    anyone here can add me- hoping to give and get motivation!
  • Heavensblessings
    Heavensblessings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gloria, 5'1". I'm also looking for friends, I found out the hard way that I can't do this alone. I lost a bunch of weight and now in a couple weeks time gained back 3 lbs. I still have a ways to go till I reach my goal weight but I'm determined to get there!!
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    U can add me...i'm new to the site too. :)
  • brandnewself
    brandnewself Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love threads like these where everyone comes in to show their support. I'm sending along some invites and if you like, feel free to add me as well. I could always use the support and friendships!