Attitude Change.... So proud!

Options
Yesterday was such an accomplishment for me and I think that if I don't acknowledge it now, I won't repeat it.
I had a pretty awful day food wise yesterday, I was just so hungry and couldn't stop eating. For the most part it was good food (minus the almond joy ) but it was just so much. I have a goal of 1200 calories a day and by the time I finished eating dinner I was up to 1645...

Normally I would have chalked it up to a bad day and said to myself, "You'll get em tomorrow tiger" BUT... yesterday my whole attitude was just completely different. I created an exercise routine for the gym that would add up to 445 calories burned to get back down to my 1200 net and went and tore up that gym. Usually I don't sweat, I just get a little red, but yesterday I had drops running down my face and as unattractive as I felt... I was so proud.

I feel so good about myself today for pushing and changing my attitude from "try again tomorrow" to "go fix it today" :smile:

Replies

• phollywood8785
    Options
    I had agoal of 1200 calories I had to move it up to 1500, bc I was always hungry! And it made me sick, my body was starving..Plus I lost 30 pounds by sticking to the 1500 cals last year!.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It is those things that make us realize that we are actually changing our way of thinking, instead of just our "habits"
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    That rocks!!! Great job! Attitude has been the biggest noticeable difference for me. I look at exercise in a whole different way and have actually been looking forward to sweating and burning those calories.

Keep it up!
  • sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! :happy: I need to try the fix it today attitude. I have been doing I'll start fresh tomorrow when I have a day like that but if i do i'm going to try and use your Fix it today concept and see what happens Congrats on your great day even if it didn't seem like it at first.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Outstanding,,, very well done. Good for you!

How did it feel to get really sweaty? Did you like that? How did it feel to really push yourself? That's what real exercise is like. Don't worry about attractive when you're working out. Sweat and strain and struggle and don't worry about any of that other silly,unimportant stuff. Nobody is attractive when working out.

Get in there and do it again. You'll get stronger/tougher/healthier. You'll feel like bionic superman on crank. 10 feet tall and bulletproof. It just totally rox - do it again. :smile:
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Outstanding,,, very well done. Good for you!

How did it feel to get really sweaty? Did you like that? How did it feel to really push yourself? That's what real exercise is like. Don't worry about attractive when you're working out. Sweat and strain and struggle and don't worry about any of that other silly,unimportant stuff. Nobody is attractive when working out.

Get in there and do it again. You'll get stronger/tougher/healthier. You'll feel like bionic superman on crank. 10 feet tall and bulletproof. It just totally rox - do it again. :smile:

You make me laugh! That is awesome!

And to the poster....AWESOME!!!! Way to go! Keep it up and you will be where you want in no time flat! I am still working on my attitude to some extent. I am getting there. I think my hardest thing is forcing myself to get up and go workout....granted not sure why cause I feel super awesome afterwards! Keep up the awesomeness you have started!
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD! Thanks for the motivation!! I've been sick the past few days and haven't gotten on my wii and I'm sure it will give me grief when I do!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!