Feeling regretful

Options
Went to happy hour last night to celebrate a birthday, and of course I am feeling regretful today. I doubled my calorie intake last night. I'm feeling sluggish and a little hung over today. :(. When will I ever learn....:yawn:

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    dont beat yourself up! drink lots of water today and work hard this week. Everyone indulges every once in awhile, and heck it was your birthday :) happy bday
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    ok, so you're living LIFE. it is just one day, and it will be ok. get back on track today! do an extra workout and move on.... you can do it!
  • Plumeriagirl81
    Options
    Thank you all very much for the support! I feel a little better now. :happy:
  • freesafetyblitz
    freesafetyblitz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't feel regretful about a self indulgent evening (or holiday): PLAN for these kinds of events!

As soon as you know you are going to do something like this, start to account for it as part of your week. For instance, in my community, every restaurant has a fish fry every Friday. We do not go all that often, but I have made Friday my primary weigh in day. (I weigh every day, but I track my long term progress based on Friday morning's wt.) During the day before we go out, I may slim-fast a meal, and I try to get a little exercise in, if not on Friday, then for sure on Sat & Sunday.

You almost certainly live with and among people who do not struggle with their weight, so PLAN for times to be out with them, and not worry about it. (Don't gorge ... remember to quit eating when you are not hungry.) Have fun and do not despair. You will not if such events are part of the plan.:wink:

Blessings

Tony
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone. It's life... don't stress over it, stress packs on pounds. One day won't break you. No worries :flowerforyou:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Its ok. Just get back on track this week.
  • Plumeriagirl81
    Options
    Very true...you all have some great ideas and good feedback, just what I needed.

I thought I had planned for the evening, I left myself 600 calories for the night but with a couple of liquor drinks and a couple of light beers, those calories add up fast. And than we ate Mexican food after wards @ midnight, just to make matters worse! Hahaha...oh well, you guys are right, I need to keep moving a head and just do better today. :smile:
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. I know that is easier said than done. Move on and try to work-in a great workout or something that will lift your spirits and burn a few calories. :flowerforyou:

Your friend, ~Tammy
  • Plumeriagirl81
    Options
    Thanks Tammy. :happy: