How many calories do you burn?

Options
How many calories do you burn when you workout?
What kind of workout do you do?
and how long is your workout?

Im trying to see if I am doing things right.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Running 1.5 hrs - 860 calories burned
    Video 30 minutes - ~90-120 calories burned
    Running 30 minutes - ~200 calories
    Walking 1 hr - 130 calories

Remember it depends on your fitness level. As you become more fit you burn less calories doing the same activities. At this point it is hard for me to get my HR above 160bpm.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    do you do that all in one day?
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wii fit plus about 30 min to an hour a day and 3 times a week calories 150 to 100 calories per workout.
  • kiki28riki
    Options
    I do 2 hour-long strength training (circuit) workouts per week where I burn about 500-600 per hour. I also do 165 minutes of cardio training each week (usually in 3 sessions, sometimese 2 if I have a busy week). During those, I burn about 800 per hour. I'm working with a trainer and am supposed to keep my heartrate in "my" zone 2-3 which is 151-158 (zone 2) and 159-16something (zone 3). It took me 6 months, but I am now able to do up to 90 minutes in zone 3 and it feels great! Without my trainer, I wouldn't know what I was doing though!
  • SweetieBsMom
    SweetieBsMom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I when do CLX and that burns anywhere from 350-450 cals. Turbo Kick runs around 800 calories. So on my lifting days I'm looking at around 1,200 calories. When I'm just doing cardio probably around 600-800 calories for the day.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I take spin classes Mon, Wed, Fri for 50 minutes and I burn about 800-900 a session.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    JM 30 day shred, 26 min, Level 1 day 3 203 calories burned...per my Polar F6 HRM
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I burn up about 250, give or take, 6 nights a week. Too soon to tell maybe how effective that is .
  • jenmonkee
    jenmonkee Posts: 57
    Options
    When I head to the gym (EVERYDAY) I set a goal of 800-1000. However, I have almost 100 lbs to lose (well, I did, now I am down to just 76)!! So this is the time where I am really pushing myself. When I got sick last month though I didn't go to the gym, I knew my body needed the rest. To achieve this goal of 800-1000 I do interval between the treadmill (just started running), eliipitcal and the stairmaster. I also do weights about 2 times a week, but I don't include that in my calories burned. Too complicated to figure out. I decided those were just bonus calories. I know some would say this is over training, but I HAVE to have a routine to stay focused. I find that 1 day missed from the gym easily leads to 2 then 3 etc..that starts the cycle of failure all over again. I think it really depends on your goals, how much time you have to devote to the workouts, and physical ability. I didn't start at 1000 calories, 400 in the beginning seemed amazing to me.
    Jen
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have to really be booking it, meaning my HR is up in the high range for the bulk of the time on my Polar F6 HRM, but in 60 minutes of weights, treadmill and elliptical (a mix) I burn between 620-675. In 45 mins, same kind of routine, 400-450.

I don't know that there is a right or wrong way to do it...I just think that as long as you are getting your heart rate up over your normal range for a period of time then you can't really go wrong. Just make sure you are eating back some of your exercise cals. I still think I am not eating enough of mine back.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are speaking about my life :)
    im amazed at like 400-500, i just started about 6 weeks ago.
    how long does it take you to burn all those cals for cardio?
  • jenmonkee
    jenmonkee Posts: 57
    Options
    sounds like you are speaking about my life :)
    im amazed at like 400-500, i just started about 6 weeks ago.
    how long does it take you to burn all those cals for cardio?

Usually an 1.5 - 2 hours...depending on the exercise...Most days I REALLY have to push myself. But the results I am seeing is so worth it. Myenergy level is up, I feel a sense of accomplishment, and I know that in the long run it will be worth it. I take it one day at a time though. As for eating my exercise calories, I usually don't anymore. I found that when I was doing that I really wasn't losing, went 1 week with NO loss. So I stopped, went back to my 1260 and am seeing great results again. Not just weight but body appearance too. For me it is about personal goals. You have to find what inspires and motivates you.
    Jen
    Jen
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    the calculators say~2000 3 X a week and 600-750 on my running days 3 X a week.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    do you do that all in one day?

No, I mix up 2 of those a day for 5 days a week.