Halloween Candy

Options
Im thinking about using Halloween candy for some of my calories tomorrow. I will probably end up going over my goal carbs but everything else should remain within goal. What do you guys think of doing one day like this? (there could be more days too - you never know!)

Replies

• xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    One day wouldn't hurt, but don't overdo it. Just have a bit and then put the rest away so you're not tempted.

I know if I started eating Halloween candy I'd probably eat an entire bag just cause it's right there in front of me. :(
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yup me too! And then I don't bother exercising either because I figured I screwed up the day anyways why not just relax and sleep it off. lol
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're planning it out which is awesome. Just keep an account of what you are eating if at all possible. You'll be fine :)
  • cararickel
    cararickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Do an extra killer work out tomorrow morning--not only will you be banking the calories for your splurge, but you'll be less tempted to go overboard because you're feeling that post-workout high!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I will be walking miles tomorrow taking the kids trick or treating so I am thinking I am going to balance out.
  • nikosneeko1
    nikosneeko1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just bought a ton a candy to give out tomorrow and I put it in my husbands trunk so I won't be tempted to eat it lol, I'll probably have a few pieces as a reward tomorrow while I'm giving it out to trick or treaters, and hopefully it will all be gone so no temptations later!
  • Hey__Im__Krista
    Options
    people need to stop living like going over your calorie goal is shameful.
    Enjoy your day, to try and live life like things will never put you over goal is just silly and unrealistic.
    And dont let anyone guilt you about it either. People on a lifestyle change deserve chocolate too.
  • SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My feeling is that this is for life.....are you never going to eat candy ever again....I think not. So go ahead and have a "small" indulgence....track it....enjoy it and move on. If guilt is getting to you plan a little extra cardio into your day. ENJOY!!!!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely go for it. You're planning for it, and you'll be fine. If you go over a little bit, no biggie. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet, and if you completely cut out the things that make you happy, you wouldn't be able to sustain. Have fun!!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I managed to wait until this weekend to buy candy and have had a piece or two each day. They are minis so 40-90 calories each. Count it and make it work. The real trick is going to be not snatching too many when I'm giving candy out to the kids tomorrow night.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about using Halloween candy for some of my calories tomorrow. I will probably end up going over my goal carbs but everything else should remain within goal. What do you guys think of doing one day like this? (there could be more days too - you never know!)
    Not a big deal. I would still log it, however. If you're gonna do it, you might as well own it. :tongue:
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters who encouraged moderation. I am skipping the candy this year just to prove to myself that I can ... but if I were indulging at all I think I would plan it out. Choose 2-4 pieces you will really enjoy, workout in the morning and then indulge without guilt. Like everyone else said, it's absurd to think you will never go over or you will never eat candy again. That's just no way to live. Life is too short.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your day, to try and live life like things will never put you over goal is just silly and unrealistic.
    And dont let anyone guilt you about it either. People on a lifestyle change deserve chocolate too.

This....so this. Sometimes I think we overly guilt ourselves and let it impact days in the future which is just craziness.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love this and totally agree! I don't plan on ever totally giving up chocolate and some candy, everything in moderation and plan for the calories but an extra halloween bar (or 2 or 3) won't hurt.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Yup me too! And then I don't bother exercising either because I figured I screwed up the day anyways why not just relax and sleep it off. lol

Wrong attitude! Not only am I having multiple pieces of candy daily, but I am still staying UNDER my calorie limit, and within 10-15g of my carb limit. I also have been to the gym 3 times since I sprained my wrist last week.

I am going to enjoy my treat, and dammit, it is NOT going to derail my progress. I have been pushing my limits in my strength training the last week!
  • sarahrbraun
    Options

If it fits your macros (IIFYM) including carbs ( or maybe just a little over) go for it!

There is a reason why DIET is a 4 letter word! :laugh: This is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. Do you intend to never touch candy again? Then why avoid it now. I :heart: my carbs, but I keep them down around 100g net per day. I eat as much real food as I care to on the typical day, some days if I did not eat *junk* I would not come near my minimum calorie goal!
  • lissavlog
    Options
    enjoy some candy. everything in moderation. honestly, i've been sneaking a piece or 2 of candy out of a dish at work every day for the last week and it has had no negative effect on me whatsoever. i still hit my weight loss goal this week. having a little bit of candy is not going to ruin your weight loss journey.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

:heart:

I'm having pizza and liquor tonight. F**k the candy.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Well, I was healthy up until about 5pm today. I skipped supper and eat lots of Halloween junk PLUS went to Wendys and ate half a burger and an order of fries! I went like 350 calories over my goal. I even earned 310 calories from exercise this afternoon SO REALLY I pigged out on 650 calories of ****. OMFG! It said if everyday were like today - and there was barely any weight loss at all in 5 weeks! SO tomorrow is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different story for me. Eat up tonight honey, cuz I don't wanna see any junk in the morn.
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    Well, I was healthy up until about 5pm today. I skipped supper and eat lots of Halloween junk PLUS went to Wendys and ate half a burger and an order of fries! I went like 350 calories over my goal. I even earned 310 calories from exercise this afternoon SO REALLY I pigged out on 650 calories of ****. OMFG! It said if everyday were like today - and there was barely any weight loss at all in 5 weeks! SO tomorrow is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different story for me. Eat up tonight honey, cuz I don't wanna see any junk in the morn.

I think everybody has days like that occasionally. One of my friends on here was whining this morning about her "binge" last night. She went a whole 250 calories over her goal yesterday...but generally she only eats 700-1000 calories per day. Over a 3 day period this week, she had a 2400 calorie deficit on top of the MFP built in deficit. I really don't think going 250 calories over is going to cause weight gain.

Let's look at it this way... yes you made bad choices last night, and you feel guilty about it. You will probably think twice before you do it again. However, if you count your binge at 350 calories, you need to do that 10x to gain a pound. If you count it as 650, you have to do it 6x to gain a pound.

Off the top of my head, I think I ate 5 fun size candy bars yesterday. I still had as much regular food as I cared to...