what to do with gorgonzola?

Options
2»

Replies

• justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hmm I made stuffed pork chops with bleu cheese and sauted pears. I wonder how gorgonzola would taste instead?
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    buy/make some ground b/l s/l chicken breast for burgers. Tuck some of the cheese in the middle. You could add spinach too. Chopped mushrooms. You can make the whole thing into a meatloaf instead of burgers, too. We do this w/ feta.

Barb
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I like it in a Quesadilla
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Gorganzola + Grilled Pear = HEAVEN
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Make a salad with apples (Granny Smith is best), gorgonzola, walnuts, craisins and a raspberry or pomegranate dressing. Sooooo amazing!
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    Why am I torchering myself by reading this?? I miss cheese!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I could tell you, but it's easier to show you.

I'm waiting.

OK, really...I crumble it in salads and use a light dressing. A little goes a long way.

Crumbles on a steak are good too.

And in *everything* else.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Gorgonzola & Craisin Stuffed Turkey Burgers, Gorgonzola Mushroom Caps, Walnut/ Apple/ Spinach/ Gorgonzola Salad

On top of pizza, crusted onto chicken breasts, eaten by the fistful, fondue

YUM! ALL of these!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    WOW! thank you everyone for these great ideas! salad was my first thought but there's SO MUCH of it! i'd be eating salads for 6 months with it. now i'm actually looking forward to using it.

i also have 8 YES 8 pounds of provolone - my inlaws LOVE going to a shop called restaurant depot. they're old school italian.

one weekend visit from the inlaws and my fridge is chuck full of cheese.
  • JessRosko
    JessRosko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found a great Twice Baked Butternut Squash recipe that I love that has just a few ingredients....Butternut Squash, shallots, gorgonzola and quinoa...AWESOME! You can find the recipe on pinterest.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love gorgonzola in a salad with fresh pears and thinly sliced steak. It's heaven you don't even need dressing if the pear is juicy!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Get the cheese. Cut up the pears. Get naked. Roll around in it a bit. Trust me.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    thank you for the recipe sites and pinterest options. can't wait to start cooking this weekend
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Green bean side dish. I've used a couple of different blues making this recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/nutty-greens-with-bacon-and-blue-cheese-recipe/index.html
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Slice a loaf of Panera bread in half lengthwise. Toast it. Spread a good thick layer of gorgonzola on it like butter. Add a little blackberry jam.

You asked what to do with it. You didn't say anything about healthy.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to have a big party and make everything with Gorgonzola. I love it in salad, steak & almost anything. YUM!