Scared of bingeing!

Options
Hi all. I am over my calories today. I have done this once before over the last 5 weeks since i have been tracking my food. What scares me this time is that my food addict side is trying to come through; The part of me that says "F%$K it. i blew it already, i might as well eat fast food". I just want to be able to get through this feeling and get back on track tomorrow. Judging by my history, i would go on a food bender for days/weeks and regain all the weight i worked so hard to lose

Replies

• loubumm
    loubumm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You also know best just how it wont hurt NOT to give in. You'll forget it. Go for a walk, anything!!! You will feel like a loser if you give in- then will follow a downward spiral. But if you don't you can use THAT as your "done it before" inspiration to keep going!!! xxx
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've discovered that I can't plan to get back on track "tomorrow" because it can take a loooooooooooong time to come. Instead, I catch myself and get back on "track" right now as often as I can. Not that I never slip up, but there are more times when I will find myself in the kitchen with the refrigerator door open reaching for the cheese (for example). I catch myself, say a firm mental "no - it's not meal-time, and you can wait." Then I take myself out of the kitchen to get back to what I should be doing.

Of course if I'm tired and stressed, it's harder to take control. But the second that I can, I do. I don't let myself slip up on purpose anymore, and that's what would happen with "tomorrow I'll get back on track" .
  • whwalker123
    Options
    I did the SAME thing over lunch today. I got slightly hungry and went nuts and ate like 1200 calories. But I tracked it and am going to have a lighter dinner and not beat myself up. Dieting it a one day/mistake/accomplishment at a time thing so just keep on keeping on! :)
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    Do what I do. If I get to feeling snackish even though I know it's bad, I just steam or saute up some broccoli, cauliflower, or mushrooms and eat away. I get full, don't have room for more, and barely budge my calories!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    ur calling urself out on it and thats a good thing! i do the same thing, like well, 'u already ate one donut, why not eat the rest of the box?' (ask me why i even have a box of donuts and ill tear ur face off, lol) BUT YA...i do it too, and remeber if u eat enough in one day to feed urself for 3 days, then no matter how hard u exercise, ur still behind 3 days right?! does that even make sense? lol
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else said. If I go overboard then I TRACK IT and make it a point to eat better the rest of the day or take a walk or do a longer work out. Make up for it with 2 days a healthy eating.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    chew on some gum or suck on a hard candy, it helps because it keeps your mouth busy for awhile without very many calories. Also go for a walk and then think about all the reasons why you wanted to lose weight in the first place and think about how far you have come. You know it isnt worth it and once you give in it is so hard to get back ontrack,,, it is easier to get back on the track if we are not far from it the further off we go the harder it is to get back. I hope that made sense and helps you know it wont make you feel better only for a few minutes while you are eating....then you will feel worse....DONT DO IT
  • cardiolvr
    cardiolvr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did the same today but I MADE myself acknowledge and log all of the food. That at least helps make them real calories and not just the calories we pretend do not exist. Everyone has slip ups but tomorrow is a new day...and your next meal is a new chance. I always try to just acknowledge and forget what I have done, try to pinpoint why I did it and then move on. I ate like 500 cal worth of candy and I can either let it ruin that part of my day or the rest of my life. You have to decide to let it go and move on in a positive way. Good luck, I understand as I truly struggle with it,too.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yes you went over BUT most of your other days were under your goal , sometimes we go over now and then but its not going to do to much damage if any at all
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Do a 30min workout (ANYthing) and you'll burn some of that overage, PLUS you'll replace an urge to be self-destructive with a positive activity and give yourself a nice boost!

BUT, don't beat yourself up about the overage, it happens and it is NOT a failing!!

Blessings! :flowerforyou:
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! The only problem with that is that sometimes....tomorrow never comes!! Or it comes one month later after I've gained 6 lbs. My binges happen after dinner. I still struggle with it too!
    I do that sometimes too but am learning that by still tracking and seeing those insanely high numbers on my food journal, it makes me want to try harder. Food truly can be an addiction for some, I might be one of them....I love it so much!
    But yes, just accept your weak moments and pick yourself up and keep trying. Binging really becomes a habit and it takes awhile to break habits afterall. Keep trying. :smile:
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Listen - we all stumble! It's okay! And you've logged it, you can see the damage you've done. That means you still have the opportunity to make it right - do you have time today to do a quick workout or head out to the gym and burn it off? Don't get too down on yourself! They don't call it a journey for nothing ;)
  • emwaitexo
    Options
    What I find helpful is questioning myself asking..."What will I feel like after eating this?" "Does my body need it?" "Will eating this make me reach my goal weight?"

Or even better, just don't have "bad" food even in your cupboards. If it is out of your sight then it will be out of your mouth!

xX Never give up!!! xX
  • loubumm
    loubumm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What I find helpful is questioning myself asking..."What will I feel like after eating this?" "Does my body need it?" "Will eating this make me reach my goal weight?"

Or even better, just don't have "bad" food even in your cupboards. If it is out of your sight then it will be out of your mouth!

xX Never give up!!! xX

AGREED!
  • mslisabrady1
    mslisabrady1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    everytime you feel like eating get up and do something it works for me good luck
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    remember how it makes you feel after your binges...write it down. It makes me feel horrible, fat, sleepy, sluggish, like a failure, nauseated, the list goes on....and REMEMBER its never too late to do a little exercise to burn some of it off :) Good luck and best wishes to you!
  • tummytonya
    Options
    We cant let one bad minute ruin the whole day.
  • soapyj28
    Options
    I did the same thing today. I went over on my protein. But I'm not giving in, I have to do more workout this evening. Thank you all for the posts. I'm not the only one
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have gone over slightly a couple of times in the last 15 days. I figure it all works out in the end. I have also made a committment to myslef to log so I can spot where i have problems and to consider myself not on a diet but on a quest for a healthy lifestyle. There are no binges because nothing is forbidden.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That happened to me yesterday at dinner.

The way I see it, theres no point in trying to fight it. Give in and eat as you please, but try to savor every bite instead of just shoveling it in mindlessly. *Hopefully* the next day you'll realize it wasn't a good idea, and naturally you'll want to eat better.

That's how it was for me today. I didn't have that defeatist "wow you f*cked up yesterday, you better be BETTER than perfect today" attitude about it. I just naturally wanted to make better choices and push myself harder, because I knew I could do better than that.