boring lunches.. need suggestions!

im getting SO sick of salad and fruit. I need creative ideas for lunches! Any one have anything they love that they'd like to share?

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Google the insanity meal plan that's what I'm following. It gives you a bunch of different options
  • I generally try to intentionally make too much (extra portions) for dinner with the intent to bring that in for a healthy lunch some days. Also frozen leftover soups are good as well especially during the cold seasons. Otherwise for me it's usually a mixture of peppers, carrots, grapes, cottage cheese and an egg. :-P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Leftovers from dinner. Of course that will only work if you are not also eating salad for dinner. I've never been a big fan of salad and leftovers are so much easier.
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spicy_citrusy_black_beans/

Cooking it as we speak, so yummy! :flowerforyou:
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    If you can cook at lunch, quesadillas are my new favorite food! So yummy!
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    I can not help I eat the same thing almost every day. Green beans, lunch meat, baked cheetos, and yogert. Sometimes thought I do mixed veggies instead of green beans. :bigsmile: I do the same thing because I know what the calories are and I can just throw this all together really fast before work.
  • If you're going low carb, use a leaf of romain lettuce, add your favorite lunch meat and a slice of cheese, roll and munch. The romain gives a nice crunch and the protein from the cheese and meat will keep you full. It's kind of a salad and kind of not. ^_^

As others have said, soup is a good alternative, especially with it getting cooler. Healthy Choice has ones that you can microzap in the cup and eat.

Naked Juice Superfoods can be good, but they do have a lot of sugar, so be prepared to eat a healthy snack about two hours later.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    This time of year I love soups make big pot on sunday and that is my lunch for the week.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Fish and vegetables. I switch up the vegetables to keep it interesting, sometimes it's roasted veg, sometimes a caesar salad, etc.
  • I feel you on doing the same thing everyday. I am the same way but I get board sometimes too. Its just to easy to do anything about it though.