unintentional practical jokes that become legend

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,835 Member
I want to hear some fun stories... and I'll get the ball rolling.

This last Sunday, my hubby brought up one of the things I did to him several years ago that he'll never forget. Apparently I've scarred him for life.

One day while at my in-laws' house, I found some Hershey's dark chocolate nuggets with almonds in the fridge. I took 5-6 of them, and sat down in the recliner in the livingroom to eat them. Now, I don't really care for whole almonds, so I popped these nuggets of dark chocolate in my mouth and let the wonderful dark chocolate ooze on to my tongue until the almonds appeared completely clean. I saved these almonds in my hand, and once I was done with all of the nuggets I got up from the chair.

When I got to the kitchen, with every intention mind you of throwing these almonds in the garbage, I saw my hubby standing there talking to his sisters and parents. I held out the handful of almonds for him to see. He holds out his hand expecting me to give them to him, which I do. Before his nerves have a chance to register that the almonds are slightly damp, he pops the entire handful in his mouth and begins to chew. The facial expression that happens next is a mix between bitter beer face and smelling a nasty rotten egg. He finally swallows, and looks at me and asks why the almonds are soggy. I told him that I had just got done sucking all the chocolate off of them...

His family laughed for a LONG TIME over this, and my hubby has never trusted me to hand him any type of nuts if he didn't see where I got them.

Now, your turn... what funny things have you done or had done to you that has become "legend" among your friends and/or family?

Replies

• stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, but I am bumping this!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I went to a party that I knew was going to be a drunks fest. Waited til everyone was good and tanked and then set out some "candy apples". Only problem was they were actually onions covered with caramel. One girl bit into one and began to chew, stopped mid chew, turned white and then puked on her best friend. To this day nobody knows where the apples came from.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was on the school board where his son's attended. Teachers and administrators wore their ID around their neck on lanyards. On the first day of his senior year, son #3 borrowed his dad's lanyard and dressed in khakis, a button down shirt and a tie. He carried a clipboard and spend most of the morning taking freshman names and sending them to the office for made up infractions. When he was finally caught, he denied his dad's involvement in any of this however the school board later had to rewrite dress code to forbid students from wearing lanyards during the school day.

When my daughter was a senior six years later, she also borrowed his lanyard for parent-student switch day. And she got a detention for using it. She knew the story but made the principal - who didn't even work there at the time - explain why it was against policy. And he knew the story! And two years after that, the legend still lives on.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    OK maybe that was an intentional practical joke.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My mom is very conservative and I have not brought a boyfriend home to meet the parents. One day I'm driving to visit them and I call and ask her if me and my friend can stay over. She says with a smile "of course, who is it? Sandra, Angie?" I say, "No his name is Jacob. All of a sudden her tone changes into a stern angry "oh!?" "yeah he came with me" I tell her. (Now I hear the panic in her voice) "Did he drive you, when did you two meet?" I tell her very calmly and exited that he's also from around my side of town, I've known him about a month, but you can meet him now we're outside.
    Next thing I see, she sends my Dad to meet us out front. He's looking around cautiously "Hi so who's this friend of yours?" I get out of the car with my new puppy Jacob whom I just adopted about a month ago. The relief washes over him so fast he starts to laugh. Meanwhile my mom is still frantically fretting, I enter and show her my dog.
    She hits me, she's laughing, and trying to recover from her shock since I almost gave her a heart attack, since I didn't prepare enough time for them to meet a boy. But I knew she would react that way and that's my legendary prank.

ETA Me and Jacob have been together for 2years now and we still crack up at my mom for how she reacted. bwahaha :devil:
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was sixteen, hanging out with my friends--we decided to go to our local drive up burger joint (****s-for those familiar with the Seattle area). Did I mention I was wasted? I was pretty lit, as most sixteen year olds are at 12 am on a Saturday night. Nothing good happens after 12 am.

The car ride had made me feel a bit dizzy, so I told a friend that I felt like I might puke. He handed me an empty soda cup. I'm a very quiet puker, so I filled the cup just as he said "oh, wait hand that back to me, use this instead." I handed him back the vomit filled cup as he handed me a paper bag--he freaked and threw the cup out the window, I puked in the paper bag and the bottom broke so I puked all over myself.

It was kind of a double whammy for both of us.

Edit--the restaurant is called D-I-C-K's it's not an expletive...it's just what the place is called.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I know, but I seriously laugh out loud everytime I think about this story. It was one of those accidental instantly hilarious moments. I mean, the look on the guys face when he saw I puked in the cup...:laugh:
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    One night when I was about 17, I was standing in the kitchen doing dishes. My younger sister who was about 15 at the time thought she would pull a really funny practical joke on me by "pantsing" me (yanking my pants down while I wasn't expecting it). She wanted to get back at me cuz I did it to her the day before and it really ticked her off. I was wearing my pajamas so she figured I'd be an easy target.

What she didn't know was I wasn't wearing underwear.

It was hilarious to see the look on her face when she realized what happened. Her reaction was priceless, I'm sure she's been scarred for life. :laugh: The best part was that I was standing behind the kitchen counter so no one else saw me with my pants down but my sister got a good up-close-and-personal eyeful!! It was the best unintentional practical joke ever! To this day, it remains a legend...
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Totally bumping this!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I want to hear some fun stories... and I'll get the ball rolling.

This last Sunday, my hubby brought up one of the things I did to him several years ago that he'll never forget. Apparently I've scarred him for life.

One day while at my in-laws' house, I found some Hershey's dark chocolate nuggets with almonds in the fridge. I took 5-6 of them, and sat down in the recliner in the livingroom to eat them. Now, I don't really care for whole almonds, so I popped these nuggets of dark chocolate in my mouth and let the wonderful dark chocolate ooze on to my tongue until the almonds appeared completely clean. I saved these almonds in my hand, and once I was done with all of the nuggets I got up from the chair.

When I got to the kitchen, with every intention mind you of throwing these almonds in the garbage, I saw my hubby standing there talking to his sisters and parents. I held out the handful of almonds for him to see. He holds out his hand expecting me to give them to him, which I do. Before his nerves have a chance to register that the almonds are slightly damp, he pops the entire handful in his mouth and begins to chew. The facial expression that happens next is a mix between bitter beer face and smelling a nasty rotten egg. He finally swallows, and looks at me and asks why the almonds are soggy. I told him that I had just got done sucking all the chocolate off of them...

His family laughed for a LONG TIME over this, and my hubby has never trusted me to hand him any type of nuts if he didn't see where I got them.

Now, your turn... what funny things have you done or had done to you that has become "legend" among your friends and/or family?

Awesome!!! LOL :laugh:
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I went to a party that I knew was going to be a drunks fest. Waited til everyone was good and tanked and then set out some "candy apples". Only problem was they were actually onions covered with caramel. One girl bit into one and began to chew, stopped mid chew, turned white and then puked on her best friend. To this day nobody knows where the apples came from.

:laugh: however, I probably would have enjoyed it.

OMG...AWESOME!!! :laugh:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This was intentional, but legendary.

When I was away at college, my brother was about 8 years old. He always ate Lucky Charms for breakfast. I came home for a weekend and when I got there, no one was home. I was scrounging around for something to eat and found his brand new, UNOPENED box of Lucky Charms. I opened it from the bottom, dumped them into a mixing bowl, ate all the marshmallows, and put the nasty horse food tasting things back in the box and glued the bottom shut again. He got up the next morning, cracks open his new box of Lucky Charms and goes ballistic about how the cereal company ripped him off! Priceless.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Playing a game (Can't remember the name, was pretty drunk), and my response for the question was 'watersports'... in the sexual connotation... well, my step-brother's wife blurts out (she was sober) "I've always wanted to try watersports", meaning water polo etc... we egged her on for about 5 minutes, on video, before we explained to her what was meant :D
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This was intentional, but legendary.

When I was away at college, my brother was about 8 years old. He always ate Lucky Charms for breakfast. I came home for a weekend and when I got there, no one was home. I was scrounging around for something to eat and found his brand new, UNOPENED box of Lucky Charms. I opened it from the bottom, dumped them into a mixing bowl, ate all the marshmallows, and put the nasty horse food tasting things back in the box and glued the bottom shut again. He got up the next morning, cracks open his new box of Lucky Charms and goes ballistic about how the cereal company ripped him off! Priceless.

That is hilarious!!! Wish I'd thought of that, at least for the chance to eat all the marshmallows!!! :laugh:
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The Battle of Food

I bought a container of oreos for myself, my husband doesn't usually like them but asked if he could have a few, I said sure. The next day I sit down to watch TV with my husband and partake in some delicious delicious oreos. I had even gotten a nice glass of milk for dipping. I pick up my oreo, dunk, take a bite and only then did I notice that there was no cream center.

He had opened every single oreo and eaten the cream center out of them. Every, Single, One...

I divorced him on Facebook (jokingly I laughed through most of it after I got over my dissapointment that I was NOT having Oreos that night). I swore revenge...

2 months later an opportunity presented itself, I had taken the triscuits to work. My husband texted me and asked if there were any left, I said no but that i would buy him another box on the way home. The idea came so suddenly, we keep a huge box of dog biscuits under the counter for our 4 legged visitors. I filled the empty triscuit box with dog biscuits. I told him that the box was open because I got hungry on the way home and ate a few.

I'm in the kitchen making dinner and he decides to make a snack. He gets out the cheese and deer sausage and makes himself a huge plate prechopped cracker toppings. I wait, patiently. Finally he goes back to his computer room, I get the box of triscuits out that I had bought on the way home and get a few out, hiding the box. Go down the hall and wait for him to open the box of dog biscuits.

His face was priceless, holding a dog biscuit in one hand he turned around to me munching on a triscuit.

"That was for the Oreos, ****er." and walked away.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to wear skirts/dresses when I know alcohol will be involved since I'm rather graceful! :laugh:

So anyway one day I was discussing the matter with another graceful friend of mine who also always complained that the only guys she ever met only wanted one thing. So I told her that maybe part of that was from wearing short skirts/dresses to bars and meeting guys there! Seems logical to me right!?! Well she still didn't get it and wore a short denim skirt to the bar that night.

We had met up with a couple girls we knew (it's a small college town so even if it's not planned you will run into someone you know anyway). Well we had all discussed the same thing with her and she still just didn't get it. She had even accidentally flashed some people her goods getting off of the bar stool to go to the bathroom. Granted she was wearing underwear but still!

So after a couple hours and several drinks later our friends had left but the two of us remained. It was a Monday night so not many people were out anyway. And I don't know what made me do it but I ran up behind her all of a sudden reached up the sides of her skirt and yanked her underwear down to her ankles and ran for the bar! She wound up being so drunk she doesn't remember it first hand but after going back to the same bar and the bartender asking her about it she has yet to wear a skirt/dress to a bar (at least with me) again.

But you know what, she stopped meeting "those" guys too!!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    When I was about 6 years old my family had a small farm. We all had outside chores to do before dinner time. One day I was the first one done with my chores so I went in the house and I was STARVING! I looked in the fridge for a snack and there, before my very eyes was...a tub of vanilla frosting! (Angelic music plays) I took the frosting out and dug in with a spoon. It doesn't take long before you can't eat any more plain frosting though so I finished and looked in the tub, it was very clear that somebody had been into the frosting. So, me with my little six year old mind decided to get rid of the evidence. I walked all around the house trying to find the perfect place to dispose of the frosting (somehow throwing it in the trash was too obvious). Finally, I walked into the bathroom and there it was: the toilet! The toilet with the WHITE toilet seat! I did a dang good job f frosting that toilet seat too because my dad didn't even notice before he sat down to do his business...

Enjoy a laugh on me! :)