Medication

Options
I was at my doctors today for blood results and a general check. He has reduced two of my medications, and said my blood pressure would be healthy for a teenager!! I'm well pleased. Now to work on getting more weight off and another reduction in meds.

Replies

• rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Now that is worth more than any scale reading!
  • jligon92
    Options
    thats great~ I work in healthcare and I can tell you it really is possible to use exercise and eating healthy instead of medication! You are doing great!!
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps....hopefully I will be off some more in a few months.
  • flsunluver
    Options
    That is my goal also.....I am having to monitor my sugar more closely and another 20-30 lbs. should see me off of my diabetes medicine. I have also noticed that my blood pressure is slowly dropping and I am hoping for a decrease in some of my meds. for that also. I take 4 different meds. just for my blood pressure and would sure like to decrease some, if not all, eventually. Keep up the good work!
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    flsunluver....When I started this journey I was taking 320 mg Diamicron and 3000 mg of Glucophage for my Diabetes. Now I am off Diamicrn completely and down to 500 mg Glucophage......so losing the weight will sort the problem out. You'll get there...just keep plodding on.....sure we have nothing to lose except nasty fat!!!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work!
  • Delabud
    Delabud Posts: 10
    Options
    Way to Go Girl !!!!! Thats great :flowerforyou: .My friends sister lost so much weight that she doesnt have to take insulin anymore :smile:
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    Amazing how losing weight can make such a huge difference!!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    good for you!
    I finally got serious about losing all my extra weight because my sugar has been borderline for about 8 months now! I already take 2 meds for cholesterol and one for triglycerides. I am hoping to ditch at least one of those and get my sugar back to normal!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    dorilou....I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 20 years ago and in less than a year I have almost reversed this. My cholesterol meds have been reduced again as my cholesterol is stable at 4.1. Keep going it will be well worth it. I only wish I had lost the weight a lot sooner.