miss peanut butter? i've found the solution!

Options
now, i'm a bit of an extravagant peanut butter eater-- to the point where i sit down with a jar on the couch. seriously. but i found this peanut butter at whole foods called better'n peanut butter. it's made from peanut dust, so most of the fat is squeezed out. nutritional facts:
serv. size 2 tbsp
cal: 100
fat: 2g
carb: 13g

perfect substitute! 85% less fat and 40% less cal! i use the low sodium one. it's not as good as peanut butter, obviously, but it's not bad!

Replies

• CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I LOVE peanut butter too, but cringe about eating it because of the calories, even if they're "good" calories. Whole Foods peanut dust is on my grocery list!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Ive tried this. If it comes down to this or no peanut butter, Id rather have none. I thought it was nasty & expensive but that's just my opinion. My mother in law gladly took the jar off my hands when I said I wouldn't touch the stuff again. If I get a taste for it, I just eat 2tbsp on a toasted wheat english muffin.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hmm., wonder if i can find this in canada? I stir my into oatmeal so if the taste is a little off, it likely wouldn't be as obvious.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I've seen this stuff in the store but wondered if it's really worth the trade off.... since I eat just a tbs on an english muffin.... seems like I might do okay to stick with the real stuff.

But..... maybe it's worth a try. Hmmmmmm.