8lb Lost in 7 days

Options
I've lost 8lb in 7 days without any exercise, do you think this is too much too fast?

Replies

• angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Is this your first consecutive week of tracking calories?
  • zenseeker
    Options
    Pretty much. I was tracking a while ago, stopped and put on more weight than I started with >.< But I've dropped 8lbs even though I've been spot on or over my calorie targets
  • katie070563
    Options
    You may well find the weight loss slows down as your body adapts to your calorie targets......but hey, well done and good luck
  • RopenChoke
    RopenChoke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In theory, I think most would say it's not supposed to happen that way but I say good on you. If you're meeting your caloric intake and not starving yourself then rock on!
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There is a good chance it is water weight, but also depends on your size. One week its okay. If you consistently lose that much and are not extremely obese, I would say be sure to meet all your macros. Regardless, hitting your macros is important.
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    I've dropped pretty quickly this last two and a half weeks. They're the first ones I've been tracking calories for. I'm sure it will slow down soon.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I wish it would happen to me, but the Dr. and nutrition lady I talked to say people that lose weight fast are more likely to put it back on. How is your water intake? Have you changed your ratio of carbs and protein?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. I was tracking a while ago, stopped and put on more weight than I started with >.< But I've dropped 8lbs even though I've been spot on or over my calorie targets

Depending on your weight to start with it is hard to tell. If you have a lot of weight to lose then, IMO it is not a weight loss to worry about. If you have not a lot to lose then yes, it is not good ...

so without more information it is hard to say
  • zenseeker
    Options
    I was 207lb when I started, dropped to 199 in those 8 days
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    This is common when you start. It is water and you'll likely not lose that much in a week again but it is nice to see the numbers fall.
    I've read that it takes a 3800 calorie deficit to lose 1 lbs of fat.

If you just start exercising, it's likely you'll gain some water weight as your muscles try to heal themselves. Don't worry about that either.

Since you're just starting you might not know about this thread. Check it out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I was 207lb when I started, dropped to 199 in those 8 days

My first couple weeks were like this too - about the same weight also :) Most of it is water weight. Probably you will lose maybe 1-3 lbs a week for a while then it will slow down again. Just don't stall yourself out by not eating enough and get a good handle on your numbers (BMR & TDEE).

On a side note: I LOVE your hair!